Website Hussung Mechanical and HMC Service
Manages the day-to-day HR operations. Manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Recruits, interviews, and presents candidates to management to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Maintains records of Hussung Mechanical insurance coverage, 401(k) Plan and personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations. Evaluates, suggests, and implements employee engagement activities such as, but not limited to:
· Healthcare and wellness initiatives
· Employee review program
· Employee communications and social media
· Years of service and birthday recognition program
In addition to employee engagement activities, Hussung is looking for a problem solver and process implementer. HR Generalist will be responsible for updating and implementing outdated HR processes and workflows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Works closely with management to ensure that all employment laws and regulations are being followed
o Jump right into selection and implementation of HR Software
o Maintains handbook on policies and procedures; communicates updates to partners and employees to ensure proper compliance.
o Maintains current knowledge and understanding of new regulations and laws that are applicable to HR in HMC business operations and ensures compliance (i.e. Affordable Care Act / healthcare reform, COBRA, FMLA, I-9, job site postings)
Benefits and Compensation Administration:
o Administers employee benefits: acts as liaison with benefit providers and employees to resolve claim and coverage issues; communicates benefit plans to employees
o Verifies monthly premium invoices for payment
o Administers COBRA and medical leaves to ensure governmental compliance
o Coordinates open enrollment for 401(k) and group benefits, schedules meetings and communicates all changes/updates.
o Facilitates the employee termination process and exit interview
o Coordinates recruitment efforts with hiring managers, advertises job openings, screens applications and resumes, participates in interviews and verifies background information provided
o Works with management to create and implement an employee communication strategy
o Participates & promotes HMC sponsored community events
Bachelor’s Degree or SHRM, PHR Certification Required
5 years or more of experience in HR with full generalist knowledge and responsibilities required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Advanced knowledge of employment and labor law, compliance, and regulations
Advanced knowledge of benefits administration
Experience with HR databases and reporting formats
Problem solver and self-driven
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Good driving record; successful MVR screening
Maintenance of personal vehicle insurance
Minimal travel to other office locations within the state of KY
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
• Accuracy – a high degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and approaches problems systematically, developed solutions with sustainable and scalable results.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Demonstrates a clear bias for action & a sense of urgency on priorities
• Communication – the individual effectively communicates with business partners at all levels regularly, accurately and in detail
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Leadership – Builds relationships in the industry to attract additional clients/business
• Takes ownership of success/failure
• Drives execution and stays on top of things to ensure success
• Passionate about HMC and his/her role in the business
• Demonstrates behaviors and work style that are consistent with HMC values
• Forms and maintains effective partnerships across organizational boundaries to share information to improve decision making and leverage capabilities
• Shares information and experience with others to improve outcomes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com