Working Calendar 187 Days/ 7.0 Hours
Salary Schedule 1A (attached) Grade 3
Under the direction of the supervising teacher or Principal, the instructional assistant participates as an integral member of the instructional program including tutoring students, assisting in documentation of pupil progress, preparation and orgranization of materials and equipment, and/or instructing. Also, assists bus driver in supervising, loading, and unloading students.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Passing score on the KPA (Kentucky Paraeducator Exam) or 48 college semester hours.
- Demonstrated competent language skills including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively.
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups.
- Program specific certifications/training.
- All required trainings will be complete within 90 days of employment including the required bus monitoring training.
- Effective communication skills
Will be working with different grade levels to support small group instruction.
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. For assistance with studying for this assessment, click KPA Study Guide. To schedule to take the KPA test with our Adult Ed department click https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1X-u94PxgC-OsHo0FzRJ4mG4BnyW6ylV7UB5vuXNfyoU/edit?ts=6297cf65. Upon completion of scheduling, you will receive a confirmation email from Adult Ed with additional instructions about the location, address and parking.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here