Working Calendar 187 Days/ 7 Hours
Salary Schedule 1A (attached) Grade 3
member of the instructional program including tutoring students, assisting in documentation of pupil progress,
preparation, and organization of materials and equipment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Passing score on the KPA (Kentucky Paraeducator Exam) or 48 college semester hours.
- Demonstrated competent language skills
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups, including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively
- Participated in program training as specified by the Kentucky Department of Education and local districtProgram specific certifications/training
- Effective communication skills
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. For assistance with studying for this assessment, click KPA Study Guide. To schedule to take the KPA test with our Adult Ed department click https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1X-u94PxgC-OsHo0FzRJ4mG4BnyW6ylV7UB5vuXNfyoU/edit?ts=6297cf65. Upon completion of scheduling, you will receive a confirmation email from Adult Ed with additional instructions about the location, address and parking.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here