Working Calendar: 187 Days/ 6.5 Hours
Salary Schedule: 1A. Grade 3 (attached)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the supervising teacher or Principal, the instructional assistant participates as an integral member of the instructional program including tutoring students, assisting in documenation of pupil progrss, preparation, and organization of materials and equipment, and/or instructing.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Passing score on the Kentucky Para-educator Assessment or 48 semester college hours
- Demonstrated competent language skills
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups, including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively
- Participated in program training as specified by the Kentucky Department of Education and local district
- Program specific certifications/training
- Effective communication skills
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. Click KPA Study Guide
to review the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Study Guide.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here
**Applications from current JCPS employees already in full-time Instructional Assistant positions will not be accepted. Current Assistants will use the transfer process to move to lateral positions for the 2021/2022 School Year which is open annually March-April.
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely. Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination