Website Ivy Tech Community College
The River Ridge Business Development Manager aligns vision, strategy, short and long-range goals, and local operating requirements to ensure workforce programs, career technical education, and workforce initiatives meet the changing needs of current and prospective students and businesses. Serves as a strategic partner to develop collaborative partnerships with RRDA and other local employers to understand their specific market and individual training, education, and workforce pipeline needs. This position will work collaboratively with the Ivy Tech Career Link Director, Career Coaches, Talent Connections Manager, Employer Consultants, as well as campus faculty and leadership to meet metrics and ensure services and products exceed customer and College expectations.
- Serve as RRDA/ITCC staff in the RRDA building for engagement to:
- Create and promote workforce connections and opportunities for employer recruitment
- Assist students to identify and complete required trainings to meet employer needs
- Identify and develop trainings, programs, and services as a resource to students and employers.
- Establish and scale strategic partnerships with employers and key community partners.
- Coordinate with education/workforce partners throughout the 6-county service area, including Washington Co.
- Assist in developing work and learn opportunities (apprenticeships, etc.) for students and employers.
- Collect, manage, and analyze related student and employer engagement data to inform strategy and tactics.
- Participate in training and professional development as needed.
- Integrates the alignment of workforce pipeline strategies (apprenticeship, internship, work-and-learn, and placement programs) in support of students and local industry in partnership with Talent Connection Manager and Employer Consultant.
- Monitors and responds to demand-driven needs and skills gaps within key economic sectors of RRDA and campus service area for workforce alignment, development, and training and education purposes.
- Establishes, maintains, and cultivates positive, collaborative partnerships with employers.
- Provides meaningful consulting services focused on employer needs. Actively listens to and engages employers to assist in realizing the full scope and depth of their needs.
- Collaborates with College faculty and staff to implement credit and non-credit workforce development programs that meet community needs based on high wage, high demand occupations to develop talent pipelines for employers.
- Participates in RRDA and local business organizations to further develop understanding of markets and communities to build relationships with employers, community organizations, and economic development partners.
- Serves as the central point of contact for prospective students seeking information, resources, and solutions for workforce training and development.
- Supports K-14 pipeline development and other workforce pathways to create seamless employer connections.
- Works collaboratively with K-14 lead in promoting dual credit, youth options, open houses, and campus events within all of the school districts the campuses serve to support the workforce talent pipeline.
- Shares relevant employer information and contacts within Career Link department and others related to campus employer connections through Salesforce, Google Docs, etc.
- Attend monthly meetings with the workforce team, campus Vice Chancellor of Workforce and Development, Career Coaches, and Career Experiences Specialists.
- Participates in related annual summits and/or retreats.
- Interacts with marketing department to create awareness of credit and noncredit educational services for business/industry in conjunction with academic affairs.
- Develops and presents program proposals by drawing from the College subject matter experts and in collaboration with the academic dean, department chair, as appropriate, to ensure compliance with state, federal, and accreditation requirements.
- Participate in training, education, and professional development activities as necessary to stay current with the skills and knowledge required to perform the duties of the job.
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- A minimum of three (3) years related experience in business, industry, training, or a related activity with financial acumen.
- Must possess an ability and a willingness to travel in the performance of assigned duties.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
To apply for this job please visit opportunities.ivytech.edu.