Website Ivy Tech Community College
The Talent Connection Manager serves as a strategic partner in developing strategies to assist students and employers with work-and-learn and placement efforts. Reports to the campus Vice Chancellor of Workforce & Development and works collaboratively with Career Coach, Employer Consultant, Academic Advisors, Deans, K-14 Lead, and other leaders to develop work plans tied to College metrics and ensure services and products meet or exceed customer and campus metrics.
- Partners with campus Vice Chancellor of Workforce and Development and Systems Office Assistant Vice President of Employer and Student Talent Pipeline to build out campus strategy and plan to meet and exceed related College goals.
- Develops deep understanding and appreciation of career experiences best practices. Participates in professional growth, development, and training programs related to career experiences.
- Leads efforts to build awareness of work-and-learn opportunities at campus and with employers, including, but not limited to such areas as internships, co-ops, apprenticeships, and other work-and-learn constructs.
- Develops and coordinates efforts to support campus with career development programs that engage employers directly in recruitment and placement of students.
- Partners with career coach to engage and encourage student participation in required work-and-learn opportunities and career placement strategies.
- Partners with employer consultant to develop, consult, report and analyze student placement data, wages, employment trends, or other pertinent data.
- Remains current on employment trends and matches those with program opportunities.
- Provides realistic and attainable metrics on student employment outcomes, and recommends strategies to improve student outcomes.
- Assists with engagements linked to Indiana Office of Work-Based Learning, Department of Workforce Development, Commission for Higher Education, and other agencies related to career development and job placement. This includes support of National Intern Day and National Career Development Week.
- Establishes and grows a consistent operational model for campus delivery of work-and-learn opportunities and other skill-based practicum experiences.
- Helps connect College programs with employer work-and-learn experiences, improve the usage of related placement tools, and increase the number of students placed in work-and-learn experiences.
- Drives student and employer utilization of technology solutions that support student career development success and placement outcome tracking.
- Participates in weekly and monthly meetings with campus team and systems office Assistant Vice President of Employer and Student Talent Pipeline. Participates in related annual summits and/or retreats.
- Works collaboratively with AYD employers and their HR departments to map employee program of study to internal work & learn experiences.
- Works collaboratively with K-14 lead, deans, employers and k-12 school districts to promote Ivy Tech certificates with built-in work & learn experiences that support high school graduation pathways and workforce pipelines.
- This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vice Chancellor of Workforce & Development
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None
- Associate degree required.
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience in business development or recruitment such as apprenticeship, internship or job placement, required.
- Must demonstrate ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to concurrently manage numerous tasks, some with conflicting priorities required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student learning outcomes, staff development, and diversity required.
- Must be able and willing to travel to and from campuses and professional development activities.
- Ability to work within an entrepreneurial framework and scale a large project required.
To apply for this job please visit opportunities.ivytech.edu.