Website Jewish Family & Career Services
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
Jewish Family & Career Services expands possibilities for each person and every family to meet life’s challenges with confidence. We are guided by our Jewish values to ensure all in Greater Louisville live with dignity and purpose. Our core service areas include Career Services, Counseling Services, Family Strengthening, Jewish Life, Klein Older Adult Services, and JFCS Navigate.
· Kavod: Respect for the undeniable humanity of each person.
· Chesed: Actions rooted in compassion and empathy.
· Kehilah: Connections that strengthen individuals and build community.
· Tzedek: Advocacy that fosters fairness and equity.
· Avodah: Service to others that has the power to repair our world.
Purpose: The data manager will be responsible for overseeing the program evaluation process that is data-informed and data-driven. As such, they will have primary responsibility for the collection of client data, analyzing outcome data, and interpreting that data to enhance the quality of services JFCS provides. They will also author outcome evaluation reports for the Leadership Team, Board, and key stakeholders. This position will also manage the IT needs of the agency including onboarding new staff, recommending improvements, and monitoring.
Data Collection and Analysis (60%)
· Prepare reports for use by stakeholders, i.e., annual report, board reports, client reports, grant reports, and committee reports
· Manage all organizational databases and systems. Oversee the data input process, ensuring conformity to best practices, as well as established internal processes. Maintain instructional materials (manuals) for primary databases.
· Adjust as needed to procedures and the databases to maintain data integrity and collect all necessary data with the ever-changing needs of the organization
· Work interdepartmentally to complete data projects for all departments
· Improve data collection and reporting systems by studying current practices, designing modifications, and implementing change within the organization
· Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
· Train end users on new reports and dashboards
· Manage technology needs for the organization:
o Onboard and offboard staff re: IT needs and trainings and office set-ups/clean-outs
o Be first contact for IT issues and address or promote to IT company as needed
o Manage all user access and roles for databases and systems
o First point of contact for IT company
o Maintain related IT accounts
o Provide ongoing support and trainings for databases and systems
· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
· Manage file room maintenance including retention and documentation
· Act as HIPAA Security Officer and work with Privacy Officer to maintain HIPAA compliance
· Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
· Maintain organizational SOP files
· Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
· Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
· Three years of professional experience in the nonprofit sector
· Demonstrated experience in data collection, statistical analysis, data quality assessments, etc.
· Must be familiar with relational database concepts. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Attention to detail, as well as the ability to see the bigger picture of overall programs and goals related to data.
Supervisory Responsibility: 0 employees
Travel Requirement: Minimal local travel
Pre-Employment Requirements: Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background and driver’s record check.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to develop constructive, professional and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain those relationships over time.
· Effectively utilize general and program-specific computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Penelope, etc.)
· Effectively operate typical office equipment (telephone, computer, fax machine, copier, mail machine, etc.)
· Sensitivity to different cultural, socio-economic and age groups.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
· Tasks involve sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching and performing other physical requirements commensurate with demands of the position.
· Sedentary work which involves sitting most of the time.
· Must be able to speak (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words)
· Must be able to hear (hearing aids acceptable)
· Close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal, excessive reading, and preparing and analyzing data and figures (corrective devices acceptable).
· The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (typical office work).
JFCS welcomes people with a growth mindset to our team and in return offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package including paid annual leave and sick time, medical and dental insurance, 403B, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance and generous paid holidays.
Jewish Family & Career Services IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the grounds of race, ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or physical or mental disability as defined by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; 1991 Civil Rights Act amendments; The Americans with Disabilities Act; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; the Kentucky Civil Rights Act; or in any manner prohibited by the laws of the United States, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or local ordinance, in the recruitment, selection, promotion, evaluation or retention or any terms and conditions of employment for employees or volunteers.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies while employed. Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org