Website Kentucky Country Day School
A private, coeducational k-12 school.
KCD is currently seeking a Maintenance Foreman who will be responsible for performing campus maintenance repairs and upkeep. This position is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. 4:00pm-12:30am shift (Monday-Friday)
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Performs general building maintenance repair work; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, locksmithing and painting work to maintain facilities.
- Performs troubleshooting and maintenance repair on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and roofing equipment and systems.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Ensure buildings and doors are secure.
- Some evening or weekend work may be necessary at times.
- Assist with setup and breakdown/cleanup of events on campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school or GED.
- Five years general facilities maintenance experience.
- HVAC certification preferred or willingness to obtain.
- Electrical license, plumbing license, and/or HVAC license preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of methods and principles of general building maintenance including electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, HVAC, and drywall, grounds and landscaping work.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper use of hand tools including grounds and yard tools.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work on a variety of tasks and learn new skills.
- Ability to read the English language sufficiently to understand written work orders and instructions.
Requires the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, carry, push, pull, lift over fifty pounds, walk several miles/day, work inside and outside as necessary in all seasons. Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual, electrically powered tools and equipment. Requires the ability to access facilities and areas which may only be accessible by climbing stairs or by climbing ladders to a height of 15 feet (e.g., for tree trimming). Must be able to move throughout assigned areas. Employees in this position are designated as essential employees and must report to work as scheduled when campus offices are closed due to severe weather to help with snow removal and other assigned tasks.
$25-$35 an hour commensurate with experience and certification/licenses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org