Website Kentucky Derby Museum
Front Desk Manager
Kentucky Derby Museum
Kentucky Derby Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization that sits on the front steps of historic Churchill Downs Racetrack. It is one of the premiere attractions in the Louisville region, celebrating the tradition, history, hospitality and pride of the world-renowned event that is the Kentucky Derby. The Museum welcomes over 240,000 visitors annually; a large percentage of those visitors come from outside of Kentucky, journeying from across the country and the world.
Position: Front Desk Manager
Department: Visitor Services
Reports To: Director of Visitor Services
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Salary-Exempt
Summary: The front desk manager is responsible for managing the Visitor Services front desk team members, overseeing all front-line admissions, coordinating daily tour offerings and conducting tours for the Museum.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages the Front Desk Team
· Ensures the productivity of the Front-Line team on a daily basis.
· Responsible for securing guides for night event tours
· Follows staff training plan set by Director of Visitor Services
· Follows all policies and procedures set by Director of Visitor Services
· Participate in weekly admissions meeting with Education and Group Sales departments for scheduling and logistics purposes, especially when Director is unavailable.
· Trains staff to create account payable and receivable for schools and group tours during admission/check in.
· Assist in facilitating continuing education sessions for visitor services staff with industry members on a quarterly basis
· Adheres to set budget
· Conducts tours as needed
· Understands the POS systems used by the Museum
· Recognize travel trends
· Works night events, when needed.
· Knows internal safety and security policies and procedures.
· Informs visitors of The Greatest Race issues, should any arise.
· Organize and facilitate motor coach group and education orientations.
Continued on next page
· Trains visitor services staff to:
o Master KDM procedures
o Be customer-service oriented
o Follow set policies and procedures
o Perform and submit accurate end of day paperwork to Accounting, Group Tour, Education departments.
o Cash handling procedures
o Exemplify Gracious Hospitality
· Directly supervises the front desk team members in the Visitor Services department.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, quickly walk up and down stairs, and work in inclement weather conditions during racing.
· Ability to perform basic math skills.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
· Ability to meet the schedule requirements.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Mandatory work on Oaks, Derby and the Sunday of Derby weekend.
To apply for this job please visit www.derbymuseum.org.