Kentucky Performing Arts
Title: Ticketing Associate Reports To: Ticketing Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Grade: EEO Category: Sales Workers
Minimum Pay: $12.63/hour
Provide all patrons with the best ticketing & customer service possible through knowledge of policy, events and software. Work a part-time, flexible schedule to accommodate event needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Answer the Ticketing phone line, attend to patron queues at the drive-through, and provide in-person service at box office counter during events at all KPA venues.
– Sell and process single tickets by use of computerized ticketing systems.
– Provide friendly support for patrons who need assistance navigating the website or their online account.
– Assist with basic donor ticket sales and processing donation payments. Offer information about the donor program when appropriate.
– Maintain an overall knowledge of events on sale at all KPA venues and represent events in keeping with official materials.
– Inform patrons about experience add-ons when available, such as Chef’s Table, VIP experiences, or pre-paid parking.
– Provide accurate descriptions of Kentucky Performing Arts theaters, facilities, and access services to patrons.
– Accurately balance individual daily accounting sessions including check, cash, receivables, and credit card sales.
– Assist with checking ticket inventory when needed.
-Adhere to data entry best practices and assist with account data clean-up.
-Sort and prepare tickets for mailing and will call as requested.
-Remain up to date with login requirements for multiple programs.
-Organize and maintain an orderly workspace.
-Resolve routine patron problems and questions in a helpful and friendly manner and in keeping with customer service policies.
-Identify when patron questions require elevation or follow-up and communicate needs appropriately to supervisors.
-Represent Kentucky Performing Arts, its residents, contract partners, promoters, and other stakeholders in a positive manner, and be generally helpful and friendly to all patrons, clients, and staff.
-Communicate proactively about schedule needs via appropriate channels.
-Communicate concerns, suggestions, and requests to the Ticketing Operations Manager via appropriate channels.
RESULTING ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
– Ability to effectively communicate in internal and external relationships for all essential job functions.
– Above average skills in reading, writing, and speaking English.
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employees use both laptop computers and computers with dual monitors to perform most essential job functions.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
– The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time, and may occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
– Ability & willingness to work a varied schedule of 10-28 hours per week, with a blend of standard shifts and show shifts. Standard shifts are 9:45 am-2 pm or 2 pm-6 pm (may vary). -Times for show shifts vary per event and often include evenings.
-Some weekday availability is preferred. Evening and weekend availability is required.
-Ability to work well with a variety of people and personalities.
-Ability to be patient, clear and courteous in a variety of situations.
-Good manners and clear phone voice.
-Ability to accurately type/enter data while listening.
-Ability to learn & retain multi-step sequences.
-Basic math/banking skills.
-Basic computer skills. Ability & willingness to learn new computer programs in a timely fashion, with training.
-Prefer an individual who desires to perform well, to stay and grow with Kentucky Performing Arts.
EDUCATION, LICENSE and SKILLS:
– Minimum high school diploma or GED; some additional study highly preferred.
Kentucky Performing Arts provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.kentuckyperformingarts.org.