Website Kentucky Trailer- custom build tractor trailers
What We Make Matters
Performs multiple tasks using a variety of handheld pneumatic tools and manufacturing equipment. Builds component assemblies.
Installs and assembles semi-trailers on a production line. Specific duties and functions may vary from department to department.
Operates various handheld pneumatic and electric power tools and other machinery including drills, drivers (screws and other fasteners), riveters (pistol grip, pop riveters, mashers, and squeezers), impact wrenches, nut runners, saws, and grinders.
Works with various building materials including steel, aluminum, wood, fiberglass, composites, small fasteners and fittings, adhesives, and oil-based products.
Supplies area with these materials using an overhead crane, forklift, hand / powered carts or carrying materials by hand.
Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
Observes all safety and security procedures.
Performs other routine duties as necessary
Job Requirements: To perform the job, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform to the following Process, Quantity, and Quality Standards:
· The employee must be able to use pneumatic power tools and equipment of all types.
· The employee must be able to accurately read a tape measure.
· The employee must be able to perform and remember how to perform multiple tasks.
· The employee must be able to perform the physical requirements listed in that section of this job description.
· The employee must look for potential cost savings in the work process, help keep scrap and waste to a minimum, and be efficient in the use of all supplies.
· The employee must perform the assigned tasks in a manner in which they meet or exceed the required production level.
· The number of units, parts, assemblies, and/ or installations that are expected will vary with the process being performed, customer specification, volume, and location.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential functions and skills listed below:
· Ability to accurately read a tape measure and other measuring tools.
· Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations following the supervisor’s instruction.
Aptitude to learn and retain new information.
Ability to follow instructions, given either verbally or in writing.
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to read blueprints and manufacturing orders.
Education and experience:
· Diploma/GED and 2 years of solid work history.
· Math Skills
· Able to communicate(read, write and speak, and understand work instructions)
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance; may work from heights. The employee is required as needed to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crawl: and talk or listen.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
· The use of Safety Glasses is required.
· Steel or Composite Toed Boots and hearing protection in required areas.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes.
· Will be required to perform duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Join Kentucky Trailer and experience our company benefits:
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance begins the 1st of the month after your start date
Accrue 3-weeks of paid time off in your first year
Earn $500 after 12-months of perfect attendance
Visit the company health clinic for many no-fee services in Louisville, KY and Southern IN
Gym member? We will pay half (up to $20 per month) of your membership
Company-paid life insurance, 1x your annual salary, with the ability to purchase more
Training programs to develop your skills and advance your career
401k – company match 100% of your first 3% contribution and 50% of the next 2%
Potential for production bonuses
To apply for this job please visit performancemanager4.successfactors.com.