Website Kentucky YMCA Youth Association
Developing engaged citizens and servant leaders
The Kentucky YMCA Youth Association serves as the home of Kentucky’s YMCA Youth and Government programs. We provide middle school and high school students across the Commonwealth and college students across the nation with opportunities for service learning, civic engagement, and personal development.
The Administrative Assistant manages the day-to-day operations of the organization’s office and administrative needs. This position reports to the President/CEO and Vice President/CEO and must handle and keep discretion of confidential information relating to human resources, payroll, benefits, and assorted administrative information.
This position supports the organization’s mission by providing support to the staff, ensuring the office is well-supplied and cared for, answering the office phone, and directing questions to the appropriate party, managing Board of Director communications and meetings, and providing timely, accurate work. Additionally, this role will assist the President/CEO and Vice President/COO in daily administrative tasks, including scheduling, document creation/editing, and compiling information/research for partner and other meetings. The Administrative Assistant will also support our program team by managing registrations and other program-related items. This person should be a self-starter who requires limited supervision over recurring tasks.
This position requires regular travel to Kentucky YMCA offices in Frankfort. Certain times of the year might also require travel to conference facility locations, schools, and other venues throughout Kentucky.
This position requires two days in the Frankfort office (one must be a Monday). Other days of the week, remote work is encouraged when in-person meetings are not necessary, and conferences are not in session.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the office, including supply ordering and vendor communication/selection, and two days per week in the office.
- Be informed on programs to provide support to incoming calls and email.
- Process all mail and deliveries.
- File all documents relating to grants, contracts, and personnel.
- Personnel management including assisting in hiring process, process benefits, PTO, payroll, retirement, and processing of personnel forms, including annual background checks.
- Process all staff expense vouchers and recurring stipends.
- Prepare and issue (or ensure issuance of) W-2s and 1099s.
- Board maintenance including contact information recording, preparation and scheduling, meeting attendance, and minute-keeping.
- Maintain reporting of participation, scholarships, and demographics for staff and Y-USA.
- Collaborate with the Bookkeeper in accounts receivable and payable, including receipt processing, deposits, printing and mailing checks as needed.
- Assist Bookkeeper and advisors regarding communication in calculating invoices owed and payments received.
- Process need-based scholarship applications.
- Manage program registrations, rooming lists, and other administrative program tasks as assigned.
- Support program staff as needed with occasional on-site duties related to program registrations.
- Collaborate with CRM and Data Administrator on Google Suite administration.
- Manage schedules for President/CEO and Vice President/COO.
- Supports President/CEO and Vice President/COO in creation of document or editing for style, format, and accuracy, including Y brand standards.
- Support hiring and new employee orientation.
- Ability to communicate efficiently via phone and in person with participants and teachers.
- Must be able to work independently on projects and multi-task.
- Organizational and time management skills are necessary for all aspects of job.
- Act as support as needed for the core Kentucky YMCA programs, including (but not limited to) KYA, KUNA, LTC, GFI, Y-Corps, Officer Retreat, and advocacy programs.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
Recommended Qualifications and Experience:
Experience in communications, human resources, executive management, or related field(s).
Must be 21 years or older.
Two or more years of professional experience in related fields.
Experience working independently and with a team.
Organizations, detail-focused, and independent time management skills are necessary for this position.
Experience with Salesforce, QuickBooks Online, Paycor, and/or comparable systems is a plus.
Proficient use of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
Able to communicate clearly and professionally in-person, over phone, and via email.
Strong customer service skills.
Organizational, detail-focused, and independent time management skills are necessary for this position.
Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers, staff, and Board members.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community with a track record of building authentic and constructive relationships with others.
Works as part of a team and demonstrates a high degree of self-initiative and commitment to expand skills and expertise through a variety of methods, including self-study, working/mentoring with colleagues, and both internal and external training.
Ability to change priorities as needs change.
Salary and Benefits:
Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for employee and dependents.
Fully paid life insurance and long-term disability for employee.
Company contribution to Y-USA Retirement Fund, after vestment.
Immediate 403(b) investment fund accessibility.
Important dates to note:
Applications Close: Sunday, November 12th at midnight
30 minute Phone Interview (it may be decided to go straight to in-person): November 13-14th
One hour in-person one interview in Frankfort, KY office (may be hosted on online platform): November 16-17th
One hour in person two interview in Frankfort, KY office (may be hosted on online platform): November 20th
Applicants are notified of final decision no later than November 22nd
First Day at Work: As soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.kyymca.org.