Website Kids Camp
Lodgic Kids Camp Center Director, Louisville
The Center Director role will take overall leadership and responsibility for ensuring the successful operational and financial performance of Lodgic Kids Camp according to the company’s purpose, values, brand standards, and key performance indicators.
The Lodgic Kids Camp Director reports directly to the Lodgic Louisville Managing Director and the Lodgic National Child Care Director. The Kids Camp Director will have full operational responsibility for the Kids Camp staff, ensuring proper Kids Camp curriculum implementation, facility maintenance, financial performance, licensing compliance, upholding the Six Big Moose Heart Values, and fostering positive relationships with parents and children to build trust and respect.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Works directly with the Center Administrator to ensure compliance of all federal, state, and local regulations as well as the established center policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the planning, implementation, and supervision of the center’s program for children, the supervision of staff at the center, staff meetings, and orientation and continuing education for the staff.
• Responsible to work in the center in various capacities with at least 10 hours a week for the exclusive purpose of carrying out center director’s administrative and management duties.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of childcare licensing.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Develops and maintains relationships with families to meet their flexible childcare needs.
• Responsible for the recruitment, orientation and training of qualified staff members.
• Strong administrative, written and oral communication skills.
• Basic computer proficiently and cash handling skills.
• Responsible for leading the team to achieve daily sales and revenue goals.
• Responsible for the financial management of the center, including making sure daily sales are on target and surpass the operational costs of the center.
• Responsible for maintaining the physical plant and the day-to-day operations of the center.
• Shares responsibility to open and close the center with the Center Administrator.
• Maintains staff-to-child ratios in a flexible enrollment environment.
• Responsible for daily enrollment and implementation of established procedures.
• Primary contact for greeting and checking-in and out of families.
• Assists the Center Administrator with planning daily staffing schedules.
• Keeps parents informed of their child’s daily experiences and curriculum activities.
• Ensures licensing paperwork is complete for staff files and regularly maintains and updates staff files.
• Responsible for the accuracy of employee payroll hours worked, processing payroll, and evaluation of employees.
• Works directly with the Lodgic HR Generalist to follow state labor employment laws.
• Responsible for the daily deposits, making sure all money collected is properly matched and recorded at the end of each business day.
• Teaches in a classroom depending on drop-in enrollment needs and/or administrative needs.
• Responsible family enrollment, tours, marketing, and sales.
• Provides prompt, consistent reports on performance to the Lodgic National Child Care Director and Lodgic Managing Director.
• Supports Lodgic Managing Director in additional duties as assigned.
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Completed high school or its equivalent as determined by DPI.
• Have a least 80 full days or 120 half days of experience as a teacher or assistant teacher in a licensed childcare center or other approved setting.
• Complete at least 10 hours of training in supervision or personnel management within one year of assuming the position of center administrator/director.
• Responsible for maintaining personnel qualifications with state regulations and completing continuing education courses each year, in addition to the necessary state licensing requirements for directors.
• Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education and Development or
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and Development
• or a Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in a field other than Early Childhood Education and Development, including a degree in pastoral care and counseling,
• Plus twelve (12) clock hours of child development training; (d) Associate degree in Early Childhood Education and Development; (e) Associate degree in a field other than Early Childhood Education and Development,
• Plus twelve (12) clock hours of child development training, and two (2) years of verifiable full-time paid experience working directly with children in; (f) A Director’s Credential in Early Childhood Development and one (1) year of verifiable full-time paid experience working directly with children in a Director’s Credential in Early Childhood Development and
• one (1) year of verifiable full-time paid experience working directly with children in: 1. A school-based program following Department of Education guidelines; 2. An early childhood development program, such as Head Start • or a licensed or certified childcare program; Child development associate plus one (1) year of verifiable paid experience working directly with children 1. School-based program following Department of Education guidelines 2. An early childhood development program (head start)
• or a licensed or certified child-care program or (3) years of verifiable fulltime paid experience working directly with children in: 1. A school-based program following Department of Education guidelines; 2. An early childhood development program, such as Head Start; or 3. A licensed or certified child-care program.
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive salary, paid vacation, personal time, and holidays.
• Basic life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, and employee assistance program; optional Blue Cross Blue Shield medical (PPO), dental, vision, voluntary life, critical illness, and accident insurance.
• 401(k) retirement savings plan through Voya (safe harbor and company match after one year).
• 50% off shift meal, plus 25% off all non-shift food-and-beverage purchases (up to three guests).
• One complimentary Lodgic Workplace membership.
• Lowest published package hourly rate when not working, plus free enrollment at Lodgic Kids Camp for up to two children. Standard team member childcare rates apply for additional siblings.
This job description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the Lodgic Louisville Managing Director.
Please submit your qualifications and a cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org