LDG Development and our affiliated companies are growing rapidly to produce higher levels of much-needed affordable housing across the nation. Our founding belief that “Everyone Deserves a Quality Place to Live” has resulted in an organization that has now achieved #1 Ranking as Affordable Housing Developer and our focus on our employees and company culture has resulted in the Top Best Places to Work in Louisville each of the last two years. We believe that the foundation of a stable supporting living environment allows individuals to thrive and accomplish their dreams in education, career paths, and more. The overall reputation and quality that LDG puts forward in all business practices are key to keeping our goals alive.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant position applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare financial statements, including prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and analyze revenue and expenses.
* Process cash receipts and monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable.
* Perform cash management duties, including wire transfers/bank check requests, deposit review, bank reconciliations, cash projections, and monitoring cash and accounts receivable balances.
* Assist on closing draw recording for each new development.
* Monitor compliance with lender/investor reporting and support year-end tax, audit, and cost certification activities with a third-party preparer.
* Reconcile intercompany ledgers to property specific financials on a regular basis.
* Process and coordinate credit card reconciliations monthly.
* Maintain and improve tracking schedules within Excel monthly for loans, fees charges, bank statements, and others as needed.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Experienced in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
* Strong attention to detail.
* QuickBooks experience a plus.
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
* Multi-tasking ability with a willingness to be flexible and work with changing priories, and projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written.
* Must be a Team player.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
* 2+ years of related experience preparing financial statements; balance sheets, and trial balance preparation, and preparing, entering adjusting journal entries.
* Construction and/or Residential real estate experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com