We inspire and equip leaders to be better and do better
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Leadership Louisville Center’s mission is equip and inspire leaders to be better and do better. As the region’s leadership development hub, we do this through a series of programs, training courses, and events designed to educate participants about community issues, strengthen leadership skills, build connections, and provide opportunities for civic involvement. As a high-performing nonprofit, we work to make sure everything we do offers tangible benefits to our participants, their organizations, and the community.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a contributing member of a fast-paced, collaborative marketing team. This position is perfect for a dynamic, creative marketing professional with a variety of skills – but will primarily be responsible for social media management and content creation across our digital channels (website, email, social, and advertising). A candidate with experience in graphic design, photography, and/or videography is highly preferred. Under minimal supervision, this full-time position reports to the Creative & Marketing Manager.
- Works within the marketing team to strategize and execute campaigns to increase brand awareness, promote events and trainings, support recruitment efforts, engage our grads and donors, and tell the LLC story.
- Manages all social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) – including engagement, maintaining a content calendar, content creation, scheduling, and live posting from events and programs.
- Creates and/or manages content for social advertising campaigns.
- Develops and executes process for consistent collection and communication of customer/community testimonials and impact stories that drive sales and brand awareness.
- Stays current on new social media and communications technology and how to use for LLC.
- Develops content and graphics for website, e-communications, and other external communication.
- Provides editing/proofreading support for all LLC communications.
- Supports managing and maintaining web content and other digital software programs supporting marketing efforts.
- Manage LLC program and event photography; manages LLC photo archive; serve as photographer when needed.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to explore new methods of outreach and ideas for upcoming campaigns.
- Supports marketing team with other duties as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or graphic design and a minimum of 3 years of experience in social media and/or digital marketing.
- Experience in managing a brand’s social media presence across multiple channels – including scheduling and analytics
- Experience in Facebook and/or LinkedIn advertising is preferred.
- Exceptional writing skills with an energetic style and “voice” that communicate the energy of the organization.
- Experience in new communications technologies, web analytics, layout and design, digital and video photography.
- Familiarity with basic html and general web content management experience (WordPress, Joomla, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in building mass marketing email communications (Mailchimp, Emma, etc.).
- High energy, enthusiastic, excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues.
- Self-starter who works well independently but who also thrives in a team environment, sharing ideas and working collaboratively.
- Punctual and dependable, detail-oriented with superior organizational ability; proactive, anticipates the next step.
- Knowledge of Louisville’s business and civic leadership is essential.
- Can juggle multiple tasks, identify appropriate priorities. Demonstrated success in exceeding goals, including deadlines, performance, etc.
We are a small, energetic team of high-performers who value healthy work-life balance, a culture of appreciation, collaboration, and investing in the development of our employees. We provide substantial benefits and flexibility, and enjoy a relaxed (while professional) environment in our downtown office. This organization is unique in that it provides connections to the movers and shakers making change in the community.
If you are a creative self-starter passionate about Louisville and its future, we hope you’ll join us in making it a better place through great leadership.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.