Website LEAP Group
LEAP Group is looking to hire a full-time Junior Linux Systems Administrator/IT Specialist to join our team. Are you an IT professional in the Louisville, KY area with excellent communication and customer service skills? Do you have Linux Administration experience? Do you want to work with a growing and supportive team and have access to a competitive benefits package? If so, please read on!
ABOUT THE JR. LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTATOR
The Junior Linux Systems Administrator/IT Specialist is part of a dedicated team that supports our clients and staff locally and in remote offices. This role is the first line of support for all helpdesk requests. We support all our clients’ information technology ranging from end-user applications/infrastructure to cutting edge computing and storage systems in the datacenter. This is a position with high growth potential, and strong organization and prioritization skills are key.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Providing proactive junior Linux administration systems support.
- Performing helpdesk duties to support a wide range of clients/needs.
- Monitoring and reviewing server backups.
- Providing light end-user support (Window and Mac laptop configuration, file shares, VPN, etc.)
- Assistance in process development.
- Entering, managing, and updating IT support tasks in WorkFront. Documenting symptoms and resolutions for helpdesk requests.
- Performing server maintenance one Saturday per month and remaining on-call for emergency support every other week.
This position must be located in or near Louisville, KY, and periodic travel to site locations is required. While standard M – F office hours are observed, the ideal candidate will be available to work flexible hours as needed for emergency on-call support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience providing end-user support and infrastructure systems management required.
- Experience with administration of Linux operating systems such as CentOS and Ubuntu required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite/Office365 required.
- Windows server experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills in a variety of settings (email, telephone, videoconference, face-to-face).
- Strong organization skills and the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with limited supervision and the accountability to follow-up / follow-through.
- Ability to accept and follow guidance and mentoring.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to learn and willingness to take on more complex tasks.
- Ability to diligently create and maintain clear and concise documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
When joining LEAP, you are joining a dedicated and passionate team of professionals. Employees often describe our culture as friendly, collaborative, flexible and fast-paced. Our work environment gives employees the ability to make an impact and broaden their experience and depth of knowledge in the process.
We like to show our appreciation for all that our employees do by providing exceptional benefits to help them feel good about their jobs! This includes things like:
- Remote work options
- Competitive PTO
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Individual and family medical plan options
- Employer-funded extended education opportunities
To learn more about our agencies and work, visit www.leapgroupnetwork.com
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At LEAP Group, we believe our employees are our greatest assets, and included among those employees are many bright and talented individuals. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture where the thoughts and ideas of all LEAP Group employees are valued, appreciated, and respected. We are committed to leading by example and to maintaining a fair and inclusive work environment built on mutual respect and integrity. The objective is for all employees to have the opportunity to develop and achieve leadership, innovation, and expertise.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.