Job Description (attached)
Salary Schedule 1A (attached) Grade 3
Library Media Clerk
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Has general responsibility for assisting the school media librarian put into effect the Library Media Center program, primarily in the area of clerical, manual or technology-based library media center routines, or the application of procedures within specific guidelines. Instructions for daily operations are provided by the school media librarian. The clerk's public (i.e., staff, student and visitor) contacts are of a relatively factual or directional nature.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Word processing/keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of office practices, filing
- Ability to operate audiovisual equipment and computer software systems
- Effective communication skills
Scope of Responsibilities
Under the direction of the supervising teacher or Principal, the instructional assistant participates as an integral member of the instructional program including tutoring students, assisting in documentation of pupil progress, preparation, and organization of materials and equipment, and/or instructing.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.; Passing score on the Kentucky Para-educator Assessment or 48 semester college hours
- Demonstrated competent language skills
- Successful experience working with children, individually or in groups, including ability to read and understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them and to use them effectively
- Participated in program training as specified by the Kentucky Department of Education and local district
- Program specific certifications/training
**Applications from current JCPS employees already in full-time Instructional Assistant positions will not be accepted. Current Instructional Assistants will use the transfer process to move to lateral positions for the 2020/2021 School Year which is open annually March-April.
**If your highest education is High School or GED you must take and pass the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Exam. The exam is free and you have three chances to obtain a passing score. Click KPA Study Guide to review the Kentucky Paraeducational Assessment Study Guide.
**Applicants with transcripts obtained outside the U.S. will need to contact an approved agency from the following list in order to be considered an active candidate: Please click here
**Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely. Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination