SUMMARY: To operate vehicles of the transportation program
in a manner which ensures the safety of elderly and disable passengers.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Ability to carry up to 25 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on occasion. Push wheelchair clients; carry groceries up several flights of stairs; kneel to lock wheelchair brakes; assist frail clients up and down van steps and into buildings; talk with clients & dispatcher on radio; gauge clearance of van in relation to buildings, pedestrians, vehicles and sidewalks. Employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Close, distance, color, peripheral and depth perception vision required.
1. Have an excellent driving record.
2. Have a public passenger chauffeurs license or for hire certification on license.
Complete a controlled substance/alcohol screening prior to hire.
Complete Defensive Driver/Assisting Passengers with Special Needs
training and CPR/First Aid training within three months of hire and before expiration dates thereafter. Undergo testing for TB.
4. Adhere to all guidelines set forth in the Transportation Department Van Driver’s
Policies and Procedures Manual.
5. Responsible for cleanliness of exterior and interior of vehicles.
6. No acceptance of tips or gifts from clients.
Completion of detailed work sheet of trips on a daily basis.
Keep accurate records of vehicle repairs and maintenance.
9. Return vehicle keys to office at end of workday.
10. Adhere to money handling procedures outlined in Driver’s Manual.
11. Report use of emergency supplies and equipment to coordinator for replacement.
12. Responsible for vehicle inspections and wheelchair lift inspections on a daily basis.
Responsible for safety inspections on a monthly basis.
13. Execute other assignments as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS NEEDED:
Excellent driving record, public passenger chauffeurs license, sensitivity to the needs of older persons, dependability, punctuality, and attention to detail. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have “Just for Hire” certification on their driver’s license.
Have the ability to learn use of a tablet and transportation software.
Will start out in a PRN/Sub position and cover runs when a driver is off, sick, or additional driver is needed.
Hours of operation: M-F, 5 AM – 6 PM.
Driving areas include Clark, Floyd, Harrison, and Scott Counties.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com