Website Lodgic Kids Camp
Career Posting-Center Administrator, Louisville
The role of Center Administrator is equal parts leader, teacher, responsive caregiver, explorer, and role-model for both children and team members in living out the six Big Moose Heart Values of: Respect, Empathy, Caring, Kindness, Responsibility, and Service.
The Lodgic Kids Camp Center Administrator reports directly to the Lodgic Kids Camp Director, and in his/her absence reports to the Lodgic Everyday Managing Director and/or the Lodgic National Child Care Director. Management-related duties include overseeing the classrooms, welcoming children, teaching and caring for children, interacting with families, implementing and facilitating the daily curriculum, managing safety, overseeing mealtimes and snacks, attending to special situations, proper implementation of the six Big Moose Heart Values and curriculum philosophy, as well as fostering positive relationships with parents and children to build trust and respect.
This position will be responsible for opening and closing responsibilities, as well as administrative responsibilities. This position also works as a floating teacher and may work in the classroom as needed depending on the drop-in enrollment needs and/or the administrative needs.
• Works directly with the Center Director to ensure compliance of all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as the established center policies and procedures.
• Acts in the role of delegated authority in the absence of the Center Director.
• Responsible for maintaining the physical plant and the day-to-day operations of the center.
• Maintains relationships with families to meet their flexible childcare needs.
• Shares the responsibility to open and close the center.
• Maintains staff-to-child ratios in a flexible enrollment environment.
• Participates in the recruitment, orientation and training of qualified staff members.
• Responsible for maintaining daily enrollment and implementation of established procedures.
• Responsible for greeting and checking-in and out families.
• Assists the Center Director with planning daily staffing schedules.
• Responsible for assisting with the center’s budget and managing resources.
• Maintains daily communication with parents regarding children’s experiences and curriculum activities.
• Ensures licensing paperwork is complete and regularly maintains updates to Parent/Child Files.
• Teaches in a classroom depending on attendance and/or administrative needs.
• Responsible for maintaining the center’s health and safety standards.
• Implements periodic emergency drills and reporting.
• Assists Center Director with family enrollment, tours and sales.
• Supports director in additional duties as assigned.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Demonstrates professionalism and leadership.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and instructional skills.
• Approach all interactions with a goal of fostering genuine warmth and hospitality among children, families, parents, and colleagues.
• Understand and uphold all Lodgic Kids Camp policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. Role model these behaviors for fellow team members.
• Observe and work with children to help them improve their social and emotional competencies to build self-esteem.
• Encourage children to interact with each other and learn to problem solve.
• Ability to maintain open communication between administrators, team members and families.
• Ability to understand the principles of child development and developmentally appropriate practices.
• Learn the skills needed to implement health, safety, nutrition, and sanitation state regulations for classrooms.
• Shows respect and understanding of children’s individual learning styles.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate an ability to relate to a variety of people and remain positive even under stressful situations.
• Demonstrate cooperation in completion of delegated tasks.
Qualifications (*State of Kentucky)
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Two non-credit department-approved courses in early childhood education and within one year of assuming the position, one course in KY Child Care Administrator Credential or its equivalent OR
• Two courses for credit in early childhood education and within one year of assuming the position, one course in the KY Child Care Administrator Credential or its equivalent OR
• Forty-eight credits from an institution of higher education with at least 3 credits in early childhood education and within one year of assuming the position, one course in the KY Child Care Administrator Credential or its equivalent OR
• A certificate from The Registry indicating the person is on Registry Level 12 or above OR
• An Associate Degree in early childhood education or childcare from an institution of higher education OR
• Child development associate (CDA) credential issued by the council for early childhood professional recognition and within one year of assuming the position, one course in the KY Child Care Administrator Credential or its equivalent; OR
• A Bachelor degree from an institution of higher education in early childhood education or child development or license from KY DPI to act as a kindergarten, pre-kindergarten or early childhood (regular or special ed) teacher.
Compensation & Perks
• Competitive wage.
• 50% off one shift meal, plus 25% off all non-shift food and beverage purchases (up to three guests).
• Complimentary Team Member Lodgic Workplace access.
• Complimentary enrollment to Lodgic Kids Camp and childcare for up to 2 children when scheduled. Discounted team member rates for childcare.
• Competitive salary, paid vacation, personal time, and holidays.
• Basic life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, and employee assistance program; optional Blue Cross Blue Shield medical (PPO), dental, vision, voluntary life, critical illness, and accident insurance.
• 401(k) retirement savings plan through Voya (safe harbor and company match after one year).
This job description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the Center Director, Lodgic Managing Director and/or National Child Care Director.
Please submit your qualifications and a cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org