Website LouBarAssoc Louisville Bar Association
Law • Community • Education
The Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service (KLRS) Assistant contributes to KLRS’ successful daily operation and facilitates a connection between the community and attorneys on the Lawyer Referral Service by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers phone calls from potential clients and makes attorney referrals. Matches client requests with enrolled attorneys or more appropriate resources.
- Ability to accurately refer a client to an attorney who works in the correct field of law.
- Creates content/documents for the department as requested by KLRS Supervisor or other departments.
- Updates and maintains the KLRS database from mailings, faxed attorney letters, and daily call logs.
- Prepares mailed attorney letters for post.
- Responds to e-mail leads.
- Assists KLRS Director with quarterly mailings.
- Assists KLRS Director with maintaining the KLRS electronic mailbox and answering incoming emails when appropriate.
- Organizes and maintains the file cabinet regularly with additions of files and documents. Removes/stores files per process at year-end.
- Uses the KLRS data management system to run reports as needed.
- Serves as backup to the KLRS Director when needed.
- Creates and maintains KLRS Instruction manuals, both physical and electronic.
- Handles all incoming KLRS fax communications, sorts as appropriate, and copies/emails them when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Some college is preferred.
- 1-3 years of administrative or client service experience required, preferably in the legal field.
- Familiarity with concepts or procedures in the legal profession is required.
- Strong client service skills.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the legal field.
- Efficient with time management; strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com