Louisville Bar Association
The Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service (KLRS) Assistant contributes to KLRS’ successful daily operation and facilitates a connection between the community and attorneys on the Lawyer Referral Service by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Answers phone calls from potential clients and makes attorney referrals. Matches client requests with enrolled attorneys or more appropriate resources.
* Ability to accurately refer a client to an attorney who works in the correct field of law.
* Creates content/documents for the department as requested by KLRS Supervisor or other departments.
* Updates and maintains the KLRS database from mailings, faxed attorney letters and daily call logs.
* Prepares mailed attorney letters for post.
* Responds to e-mail leads.
* Assists KLRS Director with quarterly mailings.
* Assists KLRS Director with maintaining the KLRS electronic mailbox and answering incoming emails when appropriate.
* Organizes and maintains the file cabinet regularly with additions of files and documents. Removes/stores files per process at year end.
* Uses the KLRS data management system to run reports as needed.
* Serves as backup to the KLRS Director when needed.
* Creates and maintains KLRS Instruction manuals, both physical and electronic.
* Handles all incoming KLRS fax communications, sorts as appropriate and copies/emails them when necessary.
* Assists the membership department with event planning and implementation.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Client Service – Responds promptly to client needs; solicits client feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods. Applies empathy and compassion to incoming client calls.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly and accurately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Some college preferred.
* 1-3 years of administrative or client service experience required, preferably in the legal field.
* Familiarity with concepts or procedures in the legal profession is required.
* Strong client service skills.
* Possesses basic understanding of the legal field.
* Efficient with time management; strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, clients and other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate effectively regarding legal situations to effectively refer clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to understand legal situations and quickly and accurately. Ability to navigate social interactions tactfully.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office and data management systems and possess strong data entry skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certifications and licenses are not required for this role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands regularly and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com