Website Greater Louisville Inc.
Under general supervision, this role will manage the projects and events that provide support to the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) strategies. Assist in implementing the DE&I initiatives outlined in the NOW Louisville plan, a comprehensive strategy for regional economic growth and inclusion. Additionally, this position will manage the Chamber’s Business Council to End Racism and coordinate with regional stakeholders to progress these efforts both internally and externally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage and provide support for the Business Council to End Racism
- Manage and coordinate volunteers and stakeholders to participate in chamber initiatives related to DE&I
- With supervision, manage the implementation of GLI’s strategic initiatives related to supporting underrepresented business enterprises and talent: Drive inclusion, development, support, and amplification of underrepresented businesses throughout the region; Ensure diverse talent is connected and feels a sense of place in the region
- Manage and coordinate DE&I efforts with the Louisville Small Business Development Center, such as specialized training related to finances and capital, customer development, and scale up operations
- Manage outreach to underrepresented businesses and connect underrepresented businesses to resources as appropriate, including connections within the corporate business community
- Assist in the recruitment of regional DE&I community leaders, community-based organizations, and businesses to increase engagement with Chamber initiatives
- Manage GLI DE&I events
- Conduct research and develop strategies to support underrepresented business enterprises and talent
- Assist in the development of Chamber messaging including but not limited to GLI Leadership remarks, press releases, newsletters, GLI website, social media pages, job descriptions and internal documents to ensure inclusive language is being used
- Prepare reports for internal/external review of metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Under normal circumstances, this work is performed in a moderately noisy office environment. Due to the ongoing global pandemic, GLI is currently operating remotely.
Bachelor’s degree plus three (2) years of experience in a business environment and diversity and inclusion work. A combination of education and experience may be substituted when proficiency is demonstrated.
Excellent organizational and administrative skills are essential to manage multiple projects, as well as proficient communications and writing skills. Must be able to work with deadlines.
The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information they encounter.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The incumbent must have computer skills. Experience in diversity and inclusion and strategic planning strongly preferred.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Public Policy and External Affairs
To apply for this job please visit www.talent.com.