Website Marcus Paint Company
Quality Assurance Lab Technician Job Opening
MARCUS PAINT COMPANY is one of America’s oldest continually operating coating manufacturers. Specializing in custom solutions to challenging coating related problems, we serve the industrial market referred to as OEM by coatings manufacturers.
Our goal is to solve problems, improve quality and efficiency and educate our clients by working as a consultative partner to provide the best service and products.
We have a full-time opening for a Quality Assurance Lab Technician. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and collaborate with others to create innovation and success for the future. Someone whose core values are aligned with the culture of the organization.
Basic functions for the QA/Lab Tech include:
- Complete the final color adjustment, test/adjust for conformance of manufactured paint batches;
- Perform and document tests, inspections and/or produce small lab batches according to the customer’s requirements or as defined on the batch ticket;
- Check the accuracy of inspection equipment daily. Make adjustments as appropriate;
- Assist others in planning, organizing, recording, and performing product research and development activities;
- Test products to established specifications utilizing standard test methods (ASTM, Customer provided, etc.); grade test results and prepare reports;
- Coordinate Quality Control processes with production needs.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- Strong work ethic with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to learning and performing work safely
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or Biology; Chemical Engineering degree preferred
- Previous quality control experience; experience in a coatings manufacturer preferred
- Proficiency in math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals)
- Ability to analyze data and communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Desire to be a valuable team member and dependable each workday
Things to know:
- Must have good color vision – able to pass color blind test; able to pass physical for respirator fit testing
- This position frequently lifts up to 50 lbs and is required to stand or walk for prolonged periods or sit for 2/3 of the time.
- The working conditions requires ability to work near moving parts, is exposed to chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- Work hours typically day shift- Monday thru Friday; convenient location in Nulu area
If you’re ready to join the Marcus family, send your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org