SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responds to the mechanical needs for vehicular preventive maintenance and breakdown repair. Must be capable of
participating in a continuing educational development program in upgrading technical skills.
1. Maintains daily work schedule and accurate records on assigned vehicles.
2. Processes work orders for parts used on vehicles.
3. Repairs heating, venting, air-conditioning and electrical systems on all vehicles.
4. Diagnose, repair and/or replace all diesel internal combustion engines.
5. Repairs interior and/or exterior of vehicles as needed.
6. Repairs all frames (chassis), transmissions, axles, wheels, brakes and clutch assemblies.
7. Repairs and/or replaces the power plant and maintains the engine lubrication system..
8. Repairs/replaces exhaust and fuel systems.
9. Substitutes for another mechanic and makes service runs when necessary.
10. Assumes responsibility for proper use of tools, equipment and standard maintenance and safety practices.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the designated foreman.
12. Completes all trainings and other compliance requirements as assigned and by the designated deadline
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
2. Working knowledge of gas and diesel buses, trucks and cars
3. Automotive Service Excellence certification in some automobile and heavy duty truck areas or be able to obtain at least one Automotive Service Excellence certification during 90 day probationary period
4. Two (2) years as a mechanic's helper
5. Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
6. Effective communication skills
EVERYONE must supply a letter of interest and resume to qualify. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for the position. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
You must UPLOAD your resume, cover letter and four professional references (Supervisor only.Please include names and e-mail addresses)