Website Baptist Health
Medical Assistant – Higher Level
- 100 people needed
- 1-2 years tenure for positive ROI impact
- Requirements: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program with current CMA certification from AAMA, AMT or NCCT or Graduate of an approved practical nursing program with current Kentucky LPN Licensure.
- Job Description:
- Assists in the efficient flow of patients from the waiting room through their medical visit.
- Effectively captures data needed to facilitate the physician’s/provider’s ability to efficiently evaluate patients, including but not limited to; vital signs, past medical, social and family history, health maintenance and the patient’s current medication and pharmacy used.
- Prepares in advance for the clinic to run smoothly by checking the physician’s/provider’s schedule and the patient record to make sure all documents are available for the physician/provider’s viewing.
- Handles patient call backs and prescription refills within the scope of the certification for this position.
- Administers medication and injections as directed by the physician/provider.
- Able to perform phlebotomy.
- Performs EKG’s, PFT’s spirometry, nebulizer treatments and ear irrigations, and other procedures appropriate to level of training and within the scope of the certification of this position.
- Performs in-office lab testing such as glucose testing, strep screens, pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and HgA1c as directed by the physician/provider.
- Performs sterilization on instruments used for minor procedures/surgeries according to the CDC recommended guidelines.
- Cleans and stocks rooms; helps monitor supplies as needed.
- Effectively interacts with referral sources and other healthcare providers in a customer-focused manner.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and corporate compliance guidelines and integrity.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned.
- Maintains HIPAA/OSHA compliance.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job related hazards, and national patient safety goals.
Ensures SAFE Reports are submitted appropriately.
- Ensures positive customer relations interactions
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets Commitments
- Maintains all certifications/licensures such as BLS, CMA, RMA or Nursing license
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.