Website Mercer Transportation Co
Driven For Success! Ranked among the top carriers in the U.S.
Headquartered in Louisville, KY and ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation has earned a reputation as one of the nation’s leading owner operator companies. For over forty years, Mercer has built a family on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom and experience.
Shift: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay: $15.50/hr, paid bi-weekly.
What Do Mercer Transportation Driver Qualification Clerks Do:
Maintains driver files, reviewing driver qualification of new recruits and providing administrative support for development of the DOT driver compliance file.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare recruiting files for prospective contractor/drivers.
- Performs reference checks (DAC, past employers, etc.)
- Follows individual state procedures for acquiring MVRs.
- Updates recruit status in the computer.
- Reports driver terminations to DAC and updates status in the computer.
- Assists in filing documentation in the driver qualification file.
- Purges documents from the driver qualification file when necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Three (3) years of clerical experience, one (1) of which must have included multi-phone system, customer service and/or similar business acumen, with concentration on organization, coordination, financial discretion, and performance of duties at a responsible level.
- Must be discreet, possess a secure financial background, and must be hyper-vigilant in safeguarding information.
- Ability to answer phones, maintain accurate correspondence and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey information effectively and provide others with a clear understanding of information.
- Ability to provide full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Use keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, and other office equipment with proficiency.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Compensation and Benefits:
Mercer offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits programs provided to all eligible employees; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, medical/life/long-term disability insurance, and 401K Plan; and voluntary optional dental/vision/short-term disability insurance.
May be subject to the following screening requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Financial Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or mental and/or physical disability.
To apply for this job please visit mercertrans.bamboohr.com.