Website Mercer Transportation Co
Driven For Success! Ranked among the top carriers in the U.S.
Headquartered in Louisville, KY and ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. (Mercer) has earned a reputation as one of the nation’s leading owner operator companies. For over forty years, Mercer has built a family on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom, and experience.
We are seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician to perform preventative and routine maintenance throughout our multi-building campus. Duties will include, but not limited to, basic monitoring, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of facility mechanical and utility systems.
Shift: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm, with rotating on-call schedule.
Pay: $17-$22/hr, paid bi-weekly.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Repair, maintain equipment and amenities
- Maintain exterior property including snow removal during inclement weather
- Assemble, repair, maintain, and moves office equipment/furniture
- Performs a variety of skilled maintenance including, but not limited to basic carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical trade work.
- Use basic hand tools (specialty tool knowledge is a plus)
- Participate in routine and scheduled checks of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and other building systems to ensure safe operation and a safe building environment.
- Performs related duties as assigned by leadership
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Two (2) years of facilities maintenance, construction, technical or repair experience.
- Must have inter-personal skills and able to communicate with all kinds of people.
- Must have the ability to be self-supervising and manage time well.
- Have mechanical aptitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Essential Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- The job requires necessary eye/hand coordination, strength, and agility.
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs, and to stand, walk, bend and stoop frequently and for extended periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits:
As a Mercer employee, you, your spouse and children, can use our free health care clinic at no cost to you!
Mercer offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits programs provided to all eligible employees; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, long & short-term disability, 401K Plan and voluntary optional dental/vision/short-term disability insurances.
May be subject to the following screening requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Financial Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or mental and/or physical disability.
To apply for this job please visit mercertrans.bamboohr.com.