Website Mercer Transportation Co
Driven For Success! Ranked among the top carriers in the U.S.
Headquartered in Louisville, KY and ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. (Mercer) has earned a reputation as one of the nation’s leading owner operator companies. For over forty years, Mercer has built a family on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom, and experience.
Shift: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Essential Job Functions
- Performs assigned tasks to facilitate leasing, orientation, support, and termination of contractors.
- Prepares files and permit books.
- Orders temporary registrations for new contractors and orders supplies.
- Signs on new contractors.
- Performs contractor orientation and post-orientation meetings and completes necessary paperwork.
- Completes termination paperwork.
- Completes the necessary paperwork on change of equipment on new tractors and trailers and updates the computer.
- Assists in the annual review of tractor registrations.
- Assists with permit mail outs.
- Weekly order and cancellation of various permits.
- Acts as consultant to truck recruiters on new contractor’s lease agreements and other required documents.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Three (3) years of clerical experience, one (1) of which must have included multi-phone system, customer service and/or similar business acumen, with concentration on organization, coordination, and performance of duties at a responsible level.
- Ability to answer phones, maintain accurate correspondence and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey information effectively and provide others with a clear understanding of information.
- Ability to provide full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Use phone, keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, printer, scanner, fax and other office equipment with proficiency.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Compensation and Benefits:
As a Mercer employee, you, your spouse and children, can use our free health care clinic at no cost to you!
Mercer offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits programs provided to all eligible employees; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, long & short-term disability, 401K Plan and voluntary optional dental/vision/short-term disability insurances.
May be subject to the following screening requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Financial Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or mental and/or physical disability.
To apply for this job please visit mercertrans.bamboohr.com.