Website Mercer Transportation Co
Driven For Success! Ranked among the top carriers in the U.S.
Headquartered in Louisville, KY and ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. (Mercer) has earned a reputation as one of the nation’s leading owner operator companies. For over forty years, Mercer has built a family on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom, and experience.
Shift: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay: $16/hr, paid bi-weekly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receive transportation contracts, customer requested documents and pricing information from Traffic Manager, agents/field offices.
- Complete, File, Publish and Transmit, as appropriate, the transportation contracts, requested documents or pricing information.
- Maintain such records of published pricing and rate uploads as directed.
- Format and upload pricing information into rating system(s).
- Perform testing of inputted rates to ensure proper rating.
- Field calls and emails associated with rating system errors and make necessary corrections.
- Provide in-house or agent/field office personnel with appropriate documents or information about requested rates and charges.
- Review, negotiate and approve transportation contracts at the direction of Traffic Manager.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to answer phones, maintain accurate correspondence and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey information effectively and provide others with a clear understanding of information.
- Ability to provide full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to quickly read contracts and identify key points.
- Use keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, and other office equipment with proficiency.
- Experience with excel is required.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree with commensurate business experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
As a Mercer employee, you, your spouse and children, can use our free health care clinic at no cost to you!
Mercer offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits programs provided to all eligible employees; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, long & short-term disability, 401K Plan and voluntary optional dental/vision/short-term disability insurances.
May be subject to the following screening requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Financial Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or mental and/or physical disability.
To apply for this job please visit mercertrans.bamboohr.com.