Website Mercer Transportation, Co.
Driven For Success
Maintains driver files, reviewing driver qualification of new recruits and providing administrative support for development of the DOT driver compliance file.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare recruiting files for prospective contractor/drivers.
- Performs reference checks (DAC, past employers, etc.)
- Follows individual state procedures for acquiring MVRs.
- Updates recruit status in the computer.
- Reports driver terminations to DAC and updates status in the computer.
- Assists in filing documentation in the driver qualification file.
- Purges documents from the driver qualification file when necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Three (3) years of clerical experience, one (1) of which must have included multi-phone system, customer service and/or similar business acumen, with concentration on organization, coordination, financial discretion, and performance of duties at a responsible level.
- Must be discreet, possess a secure financial background, and must be hyper-vigilant in safeguarding information.
- Ability to answer phones, maintain accurate correspondence and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey information effectively and provide others with a clear understanding of information.
- Ability to provide full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Use keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, and other office equipment with proficiency.
To apply for this job please visit www.mercertalent.com.