Mercer Transportation, Co.
Driven For Success
Job Expectations of an Electrician:
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
1) New and renovation construction projects – installation of the following:
- Service and distribution equipment, (208V & 480V) with related conduit and conductors.
- Grounding and bonding.
- Lighting and branch circuit devices with related conduit and conductors.
- Connections to equipment provided by others.
- Copper data cabling and terminations (Cat 5e/ Cat 6).
- Fiber optic cabling installation (terminations by others).
- Low voltage control systems.
- Site lighting.
2) Specialty systems – installation and maintenance:
- Gate operators and control.
- Building access control.
- Video surveillance system (cameras and cabling).
- HVAC environmental control.
- Wireless distribution system.
- Standby generator system.
- Facility wired network.
3) Preventative and general maintenance and repairs:
- Periodic review of all power distribution equipment.
- Periodic testing and replacements of life safety devices.
- Repair and replace defective lighting, devices and/or misc. as required.
- Assist “Specialty systems” subcontractors as may be required.
4) General Facility maintenance (as required by the MGR):
- Complete preventative maintenance minor repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, lighting fixtures, etc. to keep product quality to standard
- Performs a variety of skilled maintenance including, but not limited to, mechanical carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and other building systems to ensure safe operation and a safe building environment.
- Completes general maintenance on equipment and vehicles i.e. oil changes, tire pressure checks.
- Remove damaged appliances and install/replaces light fixtures, furniture, infrastructure
- Assembles, repairs, maintains, and moves office equipment and furniture
- Provide a great experience to each coworker with respectful communication, quality workmanship and timeliness of repair
- Follow safe working practices and make appropriate use of related safety equipment
- Essential functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned by leadership
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Valid Master or Journeyman electrical license in good standing.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems (120/208V & 277/480V).
- Demonstrable ability to perform the work as outlined above (General duties and maintenance).
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to follow instructions and maintain logical follow-through on all projects.
- Ability to follow guidelines as defined in the current National Electrical Code and other life safety codes.
- Efficiently answer and respond to questions regarding projects and resolve most minor maintenance issues without supervision.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment and ensure department and company goals and deadlines are met on schedule and efficiently.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
To apply for this job please visit mercertrans.bamboohr.com.