22-23 Teacher Transfer Instructions:
Current JCPS teachers who wish to transfer into this position must click HERE to be considered for this transfer. Transfer requests for this position will not be considered after 12/19/2022. For more information regarding the JCTA Teacher Transfer Process see the attached Article 16 document.
Working Days: 187 days/7 hours
Job Description (see attached)
Salary Schdeule (attached)
- Kentucky certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular assignment (Musical Theatre)
- Experience and preparation required by the Board
1.Collaboration with department colleagues to plan a four-year, project-based magnet experience for musical theatre students to include: regular classroom performance with live music, special master classes, and performance-based assessment that aligns with the curriculum.
2.Plans, organizes, and delivers musical theatre instruction to career-focused students with an emphasis on music theory, piano keyboard skills, vocal development, audition preparation, ear training, sight singing.
3. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of subjects that shape coursework and curriculum, including AP Music Theory, traditional harmonic conventions, ear training skills, composition and arranging skills, advanced keyboarding skills, sight singing, solo, and choral work.
4. Provides Musical Direction and piano accompaniment for the mainstage musical production and several grade level workshops throughout the year. This includes playing piano for auditions, attending production meetings, arranging music, rehearsal of cast and rehearsal of the pit orchestra. This includes playing piano for all rehearsals in addition to playing piano and conducting the pit orchestra for all tech rehearsals and performances.
5. Accompany students on piano for all workshops, career day performances, special events, cabarets, concerts, and recitals.
6. Plans, organizes and delivers instruction in keyboard lab (beginning piano). Compose/arrange material using Finale, Protools, or Musescore software for class assignments or special events
Per Article 16 Section A, 2 of the JCBE and JCTA Agreement, current JCPS classroom teachers must use the Teacher Transfer process and will not be considered for this vacancy.
TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY FOR OUR STUDENTS AND TO HAVE A STRONG TEACHER IN PLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE, AND A WAVIER WILL BE REQUESTED FOR THIS POSTING. CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION SHOULD APPLY IMMEDIATELY!
Information you enter in the Experience section of the online application will be used to verify your qualification for this position. Information should be entered accurately and completely.
Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.