Website National Center for Families Learning
NCFL works to eradicate poverty through education solutions.
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking an Administrative Assistant, Education Strategy & Innovation who will be responsible for coordinating the functions and activities of the Education Strategy team. Provides project management support including maintaining databases. The successful candidate must reside in the Louisville, KY area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
● Maintains database/spreadsheet of Education Strategy events
● Supports National Director, Education Strategy to ensure high quality execution of NCFL’s Family Learning System model in participating 60×30 communities
● Coordinates details for the Education Strategy team to include but not necessarily limited to: organizing and maintaining accurate information for organizations and their primary contacts; prepare any materials needed for visit; arrange any logistics such as securing vendors and ordering food and supplies in advance
● Orders and ships materials; assists with logistical planning for community impact events
● Attends and assists with the annual Families Learning Conference
● Establishes individual goals which are aligned with NCFL’s mission and vision
● Functions as a contributing member of the department’s team and other teams, as assigned
● Commutes and works at Louisville, KY headquarters as needed
● Performs other duties as assigned
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work methodically, accurately and neatly
● The ability to work under stress and multitask to meet deadlines and remain focused to project completion
● Good understanding of administrative support concepts
● Interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of NCFL
● Self-motivated, confident, energetic and creative
● The ability to accurately proofread and edit documents
● Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communication skills
● Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports
● Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner
● Actively participates in supervision that is regular, reflective and collaborative in nature. As appropriate, takes the initiative to seek supervisory input
● Accurately identifies areas of mastery and areas targeted for personal growth and development. Seeks assistance and guidance when needed
● Incorporates constructive direction from supervisor to improve job performance
● Accepts responsibility for the quality of job performance and makes changes as needed
● Maintains awareness of current professional information in the fields of activity undertakes regular and ongoing efforts to maintain competencies in the skills and incorporates new knowledge and skills on the job
● Shares pertinent information with supervisor/manager about work progress, successes, concerns and other issues that may have an impact on the services intended for families
● A commitment to upholding the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
● A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required. An Associate Degree highly desired. Equivalent on-the job experience as an administrative assistant in an office environment may be substituted for the post high school education
● A minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative support office or project management function
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new software as necessary
● Strong customer service skills are required
● An unwavering belief that all families want the best for their children and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity
● Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
● Skilled at collaborative action planning and execution
● Ability to travel minimally but will attend conferences and seminars as required
● Prolonged period of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
● Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
● Communicating with others to exchange information.
● The ability to use hands and fingers to manipulate keyboard including some reaching requiring consistent use of hands and arms.
Salary Range – $17-$19 per hour
NCFL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization. We believe that a staff comprised of diverse people who have a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills will enhance the organization’s work toward its mission while driving innovation and creativity.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable ADA regulations. Applicants and employees requiring reasonable accommodation may contact Michelle Parkerson, Manager, Human Resources: email@example.com or 502-584-1133 x345.
To apply for this job please visit familieslearning.applicantpool.com.