Website National Center for Families Learning
NCFL works to eradicate poverty through education solutions for
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking an Early Childhood Family Learning Specialist to provide subject matter expertise in early childhood education. Underlying expertise in effective family engagement practices in early childhood contexts and the ability to create and deliver high-quality professional development are requirements. Experience working with low income, culturally diverse and/ or American Indian populations is highly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Plans and delivers high quality, research-based, face-to-face and online professional development to local and national partners.
- Plans and delivers high quality technical assistance to early childhood professionals in support of project goals.
- Provides on-site visits to local and national partners.
- Effectively communicates with families, program leadership educators, and community stakeholders in both written and oral formats.
- Participates as a team member in the development and implementation of NCFL services on a variety of efforts which may include:
- New or existing programs and resources focusing on early learning.
- Opportunities to promote reading and early acquisition of oral language and reading skills as well as the parent’s role in supporting literacy development.
- Practice-based coaching for Head Start and Early Head Start Teachers.
- Supports the annual national Families Learning Conference.
- Recognizes and takes advantage of appropriate opportunities to advance the work in the fields of early learning and family literacy.
- Attends organization and industry-related meetings, as required.
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with NCFL’s mission.
- Functions as a contributing member of work teams as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Actively participates in supervision that is regular, reflective and collaborative in nature. As appropriate, takes the initiative to seek supervisory input.
- Accurately identifies areas of mastery and areas targeted for personal growth and development. Seeks assistance and guidance when needed.
- Incorporates constructive direction from supervisor to improve job performance.
- Accepts responsibility for the quality of job performance and makes changes as needed.
- Maintains awareness of current professional information in the fields of activity undertakes regular and ongoing efforts to maintain competencies in the skills and incorporates new knowledge and skills on the job.
- Shares pertinent information with supervisor/manager about work progress, successes, concerns and other issues that may have an impact on the services intended for families.
- A commitment to upholding the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s degree, preferred) in education or education-related field.
- Deep technical and research-based knowledge in early childhood education.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and other languages as applicable.
- Five years teaching (or equivalent) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in designing educational materials and delivering professional development.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in program implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology and facilitate online events in an educational environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and work on a flexible schedule.
- Prolonged period of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Ability to travel.
NCFL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization. We believe that a staff made up of diverse people who have a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills will enhance the organization’s work toward its mission while driving innovation and creativity.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
To apply for this job please visit familieslearning.applicantpool.com.