Website National Center for Families Learning
NCFL works to eradicate poverty through education solutions for
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking a Family Learning Specialist to provide subject matter expertise on trends and issues involving family engagement and literacy in K-12 education. The family learning specialist will lead projects and develop content using research-based practices intended to raise academic achievement and outcomes for all learners. The Family Engagement Specialist will create and deliver high-quality professional development based upon these research-based practices. Strong writing skills, technology skills, and interpersonal skills are critical attributes of this position as is experience working with diverse populations.
The Family Learning Specialist will
- Plan and deliver high-quality, research-based professional development, both online and in-person, through secured contracts and/or other projects.
- Plan and deliver high-quality, ongoing technical assistance and/or coaching in the areas of family engagement, literacy, and/or family literacy
- Provide technical writing and content development for a variety of projects and audiences.
- Co-create engaging materials for K-12 education professionals and school families.
- Participate as a team member in the development and implementation of NCFL contracts and programs which may include:
- community capacity building
- programming to improve family outcomes through adult skill-building
- programming and coaching to support K-12 families as they engage in their children’s schools and education
- professional development and coaching to support K-12 educators as they implement family engagement and/or literacy practices.
- Support and participate in the annual Families Learning Conference.
- Recognize and take advantage of appropriate opportunities to advance the work of the project team, the organization, and the fields of family literacy and family engagement.
- Attend organization and industry-related meetings, as required.
- Establish individual goals for growth which are aligned with the organization’s mission.
- Function as a contributing member of the education team, as well as cross-division work within the organization, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management or executive leadership.
The Family Learning Specialist will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree at minimum with a strong background in education; a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and other languages as applicable
- Demonstrate experience in designing high-quality educational materials
- Demonstrate experience delivering high-quality, research-based professional development with emphasis on effective family engagement and/or literacy practices
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge in program development and implementation
- Hold a strong and highly proficient technical knowledge in at least two of the following areas: elementary education, secondary education, literacy, family literacy, family engagement, and/or administration
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with diverse audiences ensuring all participants feel respected and valued
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously, individually and with a team
- Effectively utilize technology in an educational environment including Google Suite, Microsoft, and Zoom
- Travel approximately 50% of time including occasional evenings and weekends
- Prolonged period of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Ability to travel.
Salary range – $45K-$55K
NCFL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization. We believe that a staff comprised of diverse people who have a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills will enhance the organization’s work toward its mission while driving innovation and creativity.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable ADA regulations. Applicants and employees requiring reasonable accommodation may contact Michelle Parkerson, Manager, Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-584-1133 x345.
To apply for this job please visit familieslearning.applicantpool.com.