Website New Hope Services, Inc
Based in Jeffersonville, Indiana, New Hope Services has a rich history of meeting human services needs for the past 60 years. It is one of the largest and most successful nonprofit organizations in the region, with services in 20 counties across Indiana. New Hope’s focus is in three primary divisions: Ability Services, Family Services, and Housing & Community Development. Our incredible clients include families, seniors, and adults with developmental disabilities.
Con sede en Jeffersonville, Indiana, New Hope Services tiene una rica historia de satisfacer las necesidades de servicios humanos en los últimos 59 años. Es una de las organizaciones sin fines de lucro más grandes y exitosas de la región, con servicios en 20 condados en todo Indiana. El enfoque de New Hope está en tres divisiones principales: Servicios para adultos, Servicios para familias y Desarrollo de vivienda y comunidad. Nuestros increíbles clientes incluyen familias, personas mayores y adultos con discapacidades del desarrollo.
Reporting to the SVP/CFO, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all accounting and reporting activities with NHS & NHDS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE CONTROLLER INCLUDE:
- The Controller will lead day-to-day finance operations of the organization, including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and grants administration.
- The Controller will ensure that NHDS/NHS has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- The Controller will work closely with management and their staff, not only to educate regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budget actual expenditures.
- The Controller will be involved in and support audit activity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in annual budgeting and planning process.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and in financial operating models and delivery.
- Manage organization cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the Executive Team.
- Oversee the activities of the Corporate Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
- Assure 990 tax returns are completed and filed in a timely fashion and in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Supervise the Account Payable Clerk, Financial Services Clerk, and Payroll Clerk.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Reconcile the Notes Payables for both corporations.
- Reconcile the balances between the two corporations.
- Review the reconciliations of the Due to/From accounts for tax credit deals prepared by Accounts Receivable Housing Specialist.
- Take over the duties of the NHDS billing and compliance person when they are out.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/6-month cash flow projections.
- Reconcile monthly cash accounts for both NHS and NHDS.
- Prepare the financial information for review by the CFO for the Finance and Board Meeting.
- Prepare the NHDS financial reports for my review and approval.
- Reconcile the property accounts for both NHS and NHDS back to the Management Companies financials.
- Review monthly and prepare comments regarding the financials of each apartment complex.
- Prepare for review Journal entries to reconcile accounts. Once reviewed and approved then post.
- Prepare entries for review by the CFO, once approved post to NHDS monthly.
- Enter monthly recurring entries for NHDS.
- Field questions from staff and managers regarding NHDS.
- Supply info for the annual 990 of NHS and NHDS.
- Perform final approvals of weekly check runs.
- Attend housing trainings as needed to become familiar with our housing division.
- Cross train on Property Tax preparation.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTROLLER:
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and banking working knowledge.
- Very computer literate – spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
- Contractual negotiation a plus.
- Experience with Home Funds and Tax Credits preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills necessary to effectively and efficiently manage the day to day operations of the Fiscal Department, under the direction of the CFO.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and other Data Base programs).
- Latest computer technology – Nav 2013, INTACT and Vertex software.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public accounting or internal accounting department required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Medical – company pays 80% of premium
- LTD – company paid
- Life Insurance – company paid
- Employee Assistance Program – company paid
- Accident & Critical Illness
- 401k – annual company match (% varies)
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Days, Paid Holidays
*Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to Jennifer_Colson@newhopeservices.org