Website New Hope Services, Inc.
New Hope Services (NHS) is proudly celebrating 64 years of service to Southern Indiana and our extended service area. NHS has built the capacity to provide a full continuum of human services from child and family support through ability services. Our unique expertise in developing affordable housing allows us to also partner with the communities we serve to have an even greater positive economic and community development impact.
Job Description: Under the direction of the President/CEO, the Director of Housing is responsible for the completion of permanent affordable housing projects, the preparation and completion of permanent affordable housing funding applications, and the research and securing of future sites for permanent affordable housing.
- Hires, trains, supervises, mentors, and provides opportunities for growth, for Housing Development staff
- Under the direction of President/CEO, oversees the property development process from initial project concept through construction completion
- In coordination with President/CEO, develops and fosters effective relationships internally and externally with all third parties including consultants, public funders, private lenders/equity providers, architects, constructions managers, regulatory officials, etc.
- Manages all project design, development and construction-related work including supervision of architects, engineers, development consultants, environmental consultants, attorneys, contractors and construction managers
- Assists with identifying potential development sites as well as building support for their development/redevelopment
- Performs development feasibility studies, including taking photographs, creating written project documents, producing proformas and analyzing sites for potential development opportunities
- In concert with and under the direction of President/CEO, is responsible for managing the predevelopment activities and project financing tasks of development projects
- Manages development bidding/pricing processes for inclusion in the final project budget required for all projects
- In consultation with President/CEO and retained consultants, prepares funding applications and coordinates all work required to obtain project financing through various public funding programs, including LIHTC, HOME, and others
- Analyzes funding and development legislation, regulations, policies, and market, environments to determine applicability to projects and compatibility with other programs
- Provides project management support to advance housing projects and initiatives. Activities will include participation in regular construction meetings assuring defined project requirements are met, and ensuring the flow of communication throughout the construction process
- Oversees the construction phase of projects, including managing weekly job site visits and meetings
- Supervises the housing development process from inception to completion ensuring each development project represents the agency’s mission and values and meets or exceeds the financial goals of the project
- Works with the CFO to ensure appropriate insurance is obtained and maintained on all properties in accordance with all compliance regulations
- Work with Property Management Company to ensure the ongoing operations and management of all properties and staff in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Works well with other staff to plan and implement projects, as well as compiles and analyzes data
- Attends and participates in department and other meetings and special events, and serves on assigned committees, as appropriate to achieve goals and objectives
- Stays abreast of housing and community development field
- Develops recommendations to President/CEO on zoning matters related to affordable housing
- Is thoroughly familiar with all Policies and Procedures of New Hope Services, Inc.
- Participates in community collaborative efforts that will benefit New Hope Services, Inc. and its clientele
- Medical – company pays 80% of premium
- LTD – company paid
- Life Insurance – company paid
- Employee Assistance Program – company paid
- Accident & Critical Illness
- 401k – annual company match (% varies)
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Days, Paid Holidays
*Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to Jennifer_Colson@newhopeservices.org