Website Next Step 2 Mental Health
Mental Health Provider in Louisville, Kentucky
Next Step 2 Mental Health is a team of highly skilled and specialized mental health professionals who apply the best of modern medicine and science to help persons struggling with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, and other forms of mental distress. Located in Louisville, Kentucky, our multidisciplinary team of providers are selected from among the most highly skilled and specialized professionals in the area and each provider has a proven track record of success with clients.
We are seeking to add two part-time Medical Front Office Receptionists to assist the department with coordination of the daily operations of the office and other duties to ensure efficient work flow and patient care in a team environment. This role will focus on providing excellent customer service to both clients and providers with a combination of face-to-face, email and telephone interactions.
Given the current impact of COVID on business operations, this role may alternate between working from home and in the office. This part-time role will work approximately 20 hours per week with flexible scheduling between mornings, early evenings and weekends. 6 weeks of in-office training will be required before transitioning to working from home. It is expected that at some point in the near future, the position will transition fully to working in Next Step 2 Mental Health’s office located on Park Plaza Avenue.
· Perform all necessary front office duties including answering, screening, and routing of phone calls. Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages. Be polite and courteous at all times.
· Assess telephone calls, including determining urgency of calls and referring urgent medical queries to providers immediately.
· Maintain clean and organized reception area.
· Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and/or other systems for new patient in-take, verify and confirm appointments, refill requests, and other duties as assigned.
· Enter/scan patient data into the EMR. Facilitate patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, delays or backlogs and communicate with other staff and/or patients as necessary.
· Schedule patient appointments and remind the patients of any necessary documentation that may be required for their appointment.
· Schedule any services or procedures as needed.
· Obtain/retrieve referrals/authorizations/eligibility verification that may be required.
· Contact patients if there is a change in the physician’s schedule and/or if the patient’s appointment needs to be rescheduled.
· Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
· Provide additional coverage for night or weekend hours, as needed. Updating and maintaining integrity of client information.
· Collect any necessary payments and process accordingly.
· Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
· High School Diploma or GED required; A 2 or 4 year Business Administration or related degree preferred.
· At least 1 year of experience performing in an administrative, customer service, call center or front office environment required; Experience in a medical office preferred.
· Must be detailed oriented, adaptable to change, and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional customer service skills required with the ability to handle and effectively deescalate difficult conversations.
· Strong computer application and technology skills, including the frequent use of telephones, email systems and MS Office products
Next Step 2 Mental Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org