Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative Head Start
OHIO VALLEY EDUCATIONAL COOPERATIVE
RESPONSIBLE TO: Local Area Manager (LAM)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED required. Child Development Associate (CDA) preferred. Full-Time Substitutes are required to obtain a CDA credential within two years of hire. Experience working with infants, toddlers and pre-school children is desired. Substitute must possess effective communication skills to work with staff, parents, community, and school and other agencies.
Substitute must be able to stand, sit, bend and walk for periods of time to meet job requirements. Must have physical and TB test, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license, automobile liability insurance and have reliable transportation to travel to and from work, home visits, trainings and meetings (will receive mileage reimbursement based on OVEC’s travel policy). All Head Start positions must clear and pass state criminal history records check and sex offender registry check prior to hire date and pass Child Abuse and Neglect state registry check (CAN) within 90 days of hire.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Full Time Substitute will assist classroom staff in providing and implementing a developmentally appropriate learning environment with varied experiences, which will enhance the social, physical, emotional and cognitive development of infant/preschool children. Full Time Substitute must collaborate with teaching staff to ensure all daily classroom duties are followed as outlined in job description. Full Time Substitute may be required to travel to any of the Head Start/Early Head Start/Child Care Partnership locations outside of their home site if needed. Mileage will be reimbursed for any travel outside of your normal round trip daily commute.
• Comply with Head Start Performance Standards as well as Kentucky Childcare Licensing regulations and Head Start and OVEC Policies and Procedures.
• Understand and comply with Child Care Licensing, STARS, ITERS (Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale), and ECERS (Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale) as applicable to position.
• Assist the classroom staff in implementation of daily curriculum.
• Use daily routines as teachable moments.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and organized classroom.
• Participate and interact with children.
• Provide for the health and safety of children.
• Promote personal care routines including toileting and or diapering, washing hands, brushing teeth, and other preventative health practices.
• Participate in required annual training.
• Establish and maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all staff.
• Additional duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Annual contract with a maximum contract of 240 days. Salary based on rank and experience in accordance to OVEC’s Head Start/Early Head Start Classified Employee Salary Schedule.
To apply for this job please visit www.ovec.org.