Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative Head Start
OHIO VALLEY EDUCATIONAL COOPERATIVE
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES COORDINATOR
PROGRAM: Head Start/Early Head Start
RESPONSIBLE TO: Local Area Manager (LAM)
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma and Secretarial or Administrative Assistant experience required. Associates in Human Resources or related field preferred. Must have computer skills and knowledge of relevant software, which may include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Publisher. Must take initiative and work with minimum direction. Attention to detail, strong organization, and oral/written communication skills are necessary.
Administrative Services Coordinator must be able to stand, sit, bend and walk for periods of time to meet job requirements. Must have physical and TB test, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance or have reliable transportation as travel is required between multiple sites. Travel will be reimbursed based on OVEC’s travel policy. All Head Start positions must clear and pass state criminal history records check and sex offender registry check prior to hire date and pass Child Abuse and Neglect state registry check (CAN) within 90 days of hire.
1. Comply with Head Start Performance Standards as well as Kentucky Childcare Licensing regulations and Head Start and OVEC Policies and Procedures.
2. Understand and comply with Child Care Licensing, STARS, ITERS (Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale), and ECERS (Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale) as applicable to position.
3. Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities.
4. Create, maintain and monitor purchase orders; pick up supplies as needed.
5. Compile and update all documentation necessary for Child Care Licensure and on-site binders including STARS.
6. Complete onsite orientation checklist with new employees.
7. Maintain documentation of monitoring, coaching, and professional learning and educational training activities.
8. Coordinate accreditation programs such as STARS, etc. for Early Head Start and Full Day Full Year sites. Provide training and technical assistance to assist staff in obtaining and maintaining accreditation, as well as tracking of all applicable licenses.
9. Assist in maintaining and updating employee onsite records to include TB, CPR, TRIS reports, PD plans, background checks and educational certificates or degrees.
10. Assist in processing, maintaining and updating employee documentation as directed by IFSM.
11. Maintain and update required postings in each site to include emergency information, CACFP, USDA, Health and Safety, and childcare licensing.
12. Process Child Care billing statements weekly, collect payments and write receipts daily.
13. Responsible for updating Paychex and crediting appropriate hours for all leave, and holiday pay for hourly employees.
14. Update and maintain onsite policy and procedure binders.
15. Maintain the van maintenance logs of all OVEC Head Start/Early Head Start vans, if applicable.
16. Obtain all necessary trainings to substitute in classroom in case of emergency.
17. Conduct USDA monitor reviews for all sites as required.
18. Ensure all new hire paperwork is in proper order when sent to the Director, including complete references and all required documentation.
19. Responsible for monitoring, documenting, and reporting classroom teacher/child ratios.
20. Additional duties as assigned by LAM or Director.
COMPENSATION: Annual contract with a maximum contract of 240 days. Salary based on rank and experience in accordance to OVEC’s Head Start/Early Head Start Classified Employee Salary Schedule.
To apply for this job please visit www.ovec.org.