Website Oldham County Fiscal Court
The Treasurer directs the receipt, disbursment and accounting of county revenue and disbursments. Work is performed in accordance with established governmental finance procedures, within the framework of the Kentucky Revised Statutes, and the policies of the Fiscal Court.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Fiscal Court and County Judge-Executive and is evaluated through conferences, reports and independent audits of financial reports.
Performs duties as outlined out in Kentucky Revised Statutes 68.210, 68.020, 68.300, 68.360 and 66.480.
Examples of Work
• Maintains a general ledger, cash receipts register, appropriation ledger, check distribution ledger;
• Maintains individual accounts for General Fund, Road and Bridge fund, Local Government Economic Assistance (LGEA) Fund, Jail Fund, and a special account for each grant and other county funds;
• Maintains investment records;
• Performs bank statement reconciliation;
• Prepares reports of the financial condition of the county for Fiscal Court;
• Prepare and have published an itemized annual financial statement;
• Responds to technical inquiries posed by taxpayers, auditors, accountants, attorneys and business representatives;
• Assists external auditors at the close of the fiscal year;
• Countersigns checks if claims are approved by the Fiscal Court; if there is adequate cash in the bank to cover the check; and if there is available free balance in the appropriation account to cover the check;
• Assists department heads in budget preparation;
• Performs a wide variety of related administrative tasks.
The county treasurer is the sole officer bonded to receive and disburse county funds and could be liable on the county treasurer’s bond if correct records are not maintained and the procedures are not followed as required by law.
The Treasurer oversees and coordinates the work of the administrative accounting personnel.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting or Business Administration and four years experience in accounting.
Local Government or Non Profit work experience a plus.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of statutory limitations and requirements involved in handling public funds and of county fiscal policies; thorough knowledge of the organization and functions of county government; ability to compile and analyze financial records; ability to establish and maintain accounting systems control; ability to meet strict deadlines; ability to work under pressure situations; knowledge of software technology/automation and proven skill in the use of a personal computer and relevant software packages; ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public; ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
Accufund Accounting software knowledge a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Kentucky CPA license, preferred.
Oldham County residency preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.