Extension Educators provide the link between Land Grant University research and Indiana residents by creating innovative learning opportunities that address local issues. Dedicated to helping improve the quality of life for current and future residents, Educators collaborate with local, county and state agencies, partner organizations, businesses and schools to analyze needs, develop, implement and oversee vibrant and sustainable research based educational programs, and provide resources and expertise to the local community.
As the agricultural industry responds to the growing demands for food, fiber and fuel, Extension outreach is becoming more dynamic as it incorporates agriculture and natural resource based strategies into economic development plans and programs. The Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator builds partnerships with county and regional agencies, agricultural producers, landowners, agricultural organizations, homeowners, decision makers, and citizens interested in the science of agriculture. The ANR Educator serves as a key resource in agriculture and natural resources in their county, and has responsibility for developing and implementing comprehensive programming, which may include cropping systems, farm business/farm management, livestock systems, horticulture, agriculture economics, natural resource conservation and environmental stewardship.
- Work with state and local advisory committees in conducting needs assessments to identify critically important issues
- Develop effective and contemporary approaches to plan, deliver and evaluate programming
- Ensure all efforts are made to reach diverse audiences and provide equitable access to programs and facilities
- Identify, recruit and develop the volunteer leadership necessary to help carry out the mission of Purdue Extension
- Develop regular and effective communications and working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders within the community
- Quantify, communicate and promote the value of Extension education to key stakeholders, partners and decision-makers
- Develop and cultivate external funding sources to enhance educational programming
- Participate in and/or lead teams to enhance the scope and reach of Extension programming
- Other responsibilities as required
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.