Website R.C. Bigelow Tea
Manufacturer of Specialty Teabags
R.C. BIGELOW TEA
Job Title: Operator/Packer
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Date Prepared: January 31, 2015
The Machine Operator /Packer operates, makes minor adjustments, assures the output of machine production is properly being packed and reports machine problems to mechanics for automated packaging equipment including but not limited to: Teabag Machines, case packers, Assorted Line and Robotic Palletizer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Insure that the proper date code and cartons are properly located in the designated area by visual inspection
· Insure that all safety guards and doors are in place prior to starting machine
· Monitor machine to assure it is running properly
· Assure that the conveyors are properly feeding the output into the carton unit
· Un-jam the conveyors as needed
· Un-jam, re-feed and restart the machine as required
· Identify basic machinery problems and report to area mechanic
· Change materials and monitor scrap rates
· Pick up finished cartons from conveyor and place/stack them on skid per assigned configuration
· This position may also require rotation and/or assisting other departments in their packing stations
any other job duties assigned by management
· Ensure that all production and packaging equipment produce product within established Q.A. standards and conduct all assigned quality monitoring functions
· Follow R.C. Bigelow’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
· Comply with RC Bigelow Safety and Health Rules
· Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively relate necessary information to applicable personnel. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com