Website R.C. Bigelow Tea
Manufacturer of Specialty Teabags
R.C. BIGELOW TEA
Job Title: Material Handler
Reports To: Warehouse Manager or Production Supervisor
This position is responsible for the safe movement and accurate control of raw materials, finished goods, and work in process. Conducts cycle counts for inventory, maintains appropriate records and reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – PRODUCTION SUPPORT (Raw Materials) include the following.
· Refers to shop packets to stage and maintain the required quantity and type of raw materials needed for production schedule.
· Be sure floor is well stocked for the start of the next shift
· Returns and accurately documents materials from each work center at the end of each production run.
· Accurately complete the ticketing of finished goods and work in process ensuring the correct shop order and quantity is recorded. (Louisville & Boise)
· Checks that end of shift quantity on shop order are in balance and assist in weekly backflush inventory.
· Operate computer related inventory equipment, both RF and keyboard.
· Place finished goods production into inventory.
· Conduct daily cycle count inventories.
· Accurately complete required forms and reports. (Forklift Inspection Sheets, Trucker Log, Trailer Audit sheets, Receiving Reports)
· Place received materials in correct locations and verify accuracy on computer.
· Assist other areas when time allows.
· Learn/backup all tea room functions.
· Support display production lines in the warehouse.
· Follow R.C. Bigelow’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
· Comply with RC Bigelow Safety and Health Rules
· Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – WAREHOUSE SUPPORT (Shipping & Receiving) include the following:
• Operate computer related inventory equipment, both RF and keyboard.
• Pull and load onto appropriate trucks LTL/TL customer orders and inter-company transfers.
• Accurately receive all raw materials into inventory from both vendors and inter-plant transfers.
• Properly document all receiving paperwork and related reports in a timely manner.
• Place finished goods production into inventory.
• Pull and send out small package orders utilizing the small package manifest system.
• Conduct weekly cycle count inventories.
• Place received materials in correct locations and verify accuracy on computer.
• Build product displays
• Assist other areas when time allows.
• Learn/backup all tea room functions.
• Support display production lines in the warehouse.
• Follow R.C. Bigelow’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
• Comply with RC Bigelow Safety and Health Rules
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
· Ability to learn computer related work requirements
· Ability to learn proper operation of Forklift and pass required driving examination
· Ability to safely lift 50 lbs. bags
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
One year previous experience in shipping, receiving or material handling operations or equivalent.
computer related experience, forklift preferred but will train.
Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively relate necessary information to applicable personnel. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving standardized situations with only occasional variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org