Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bancorp, Inc is the parent company of Republic Bank & Trust Company (NASDAQ – RBCAA), headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky with $6.5 billion in assets. The Bank currently has 42 full-service banking centers throughout fives states: Kentucky, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Ohio. Founded in 1982, Republic Bank employs over 1,000 associates and is Kentucky’s largest, locally owned, and operated community bank. For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years!
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Associate Commercial Credit Analyst is responsible for assisting with the process of evaluation of commercial loan requests, for gaining a broad understanding of varying departments and functions of the commercial lending and operations areas of the Bank, and for learning how to conduct credit analysis for commercial loan requests.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferred in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics.
• Accounting, financial analysis or bank internship experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of financial statements preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review financials, credit reports, and other information submitted with application.
• Assist in conducting financial analysis including spreading statements, ratio analysis, and peer and industry comparisons as available. Also assist in reviewing and analyzing the financial condition of any guarantors.
• Assist in the preparation of narrative analysis of findings and drafts credit memorandum/loan presentation for lenders.
• Attend Senior Loan Committee meetings and other meetings as needed.
• Participate in officer credit training and other training as deemed necessary by management.
• Attend formal training classes, complete all assigned eLearning courses and participate in extensive self-learning.
• Observe departmental processes, procedures and workflow to become familiar with the functions.
• Shadow the processing team / closing team, the QC team, the appraisal team, a calling officer, branch personnel, loan servicing, an underwriter, collections and other departments throughout the bank as deemed necessary.
• Participate in the origination process with the loan officer to include follow up with customer, as needed.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with loan officers and senior management to communicate loan decision findings.
• Desire to learn and thirst for knowledge.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.