Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Auditor II is responsible for planning and conducting reviews of organizational and functional activities along with evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls over those activities in accordance with the accepted professional standards. Responsible for determining whether organizational units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both company objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
• Minimum of 5 years audit experience required.
• Certification (IAP/ CIA / CISA or CPA) required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
• Designs audit program steps to test the control environment.
• Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
• Conducts investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
• Analyzes and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of the control environment.
• Report audit findings and make recommendations to management for correction of unsatisfactory conditions as well as improvements in operations and internal controls.
• Follows up with departmental managers to obtain proof that adequate corrective action has been taken.
• Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices.
• Utilizes data analytics in performance of audit steps.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with associates, customers, bank management, external auditors, and regulators.
• Self-motivated and work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.