Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Benefits Assistant is responsible for assisting with the implementation and administration of the bank’s overall benefit strategy and wellness program.
***This HYBRID role will work 3 days a week at the downtown Louisville Corporate Center and 2 days a week from home.***
• Minimum of 1 year experience in benefits administration required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; advanced proficiency in Excel required.
• Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations and legislation required.
• Previous experience working with wellness programs preferred.
• Experience working with UKG Pro HRIS system preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the facilitation and administration of all associate benefit programs including group medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, deferred compensation, Aflac, tobacco cessation, workers compensation, wellness benefits etc.
• Apply procedures, policy manuals, knowledge base, and other reference materials to assist in answering associate/manager inquiries and resolving issues promptly (i.e., qualifying events, new hires, terminations).
• Ensure associates are properly enrolled in benefit plans and resolve system eligibility and service issues in a timely and courteous manner.
• Prepare and audit monthly benefit invoices.
• Assist in the facilitation of the company’s wellness program.
• Assist in the coordination of benefit awareness and education campaigns.
• Maintain accurate benefit data in UKG Pro (HRIS).
• Assist with the open enrollment process, implementation and testing of new plans with internal team, carriers, and enrollment vendor.
• Prepare materials for communicating plans to associates.
• Engage in continual process improvement activities and projects.
• Actively participate as part of the Human Resources Team.
• Ensure regulatory and administrative compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements, developments, best practices, statutory and regulatory changes affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and confidently across all levels of the organization, with external contacts, and vendors.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion and determine appropriate involvement and escalation with pertinent parties.
• Detail oriented and maintains accuracy with a strong sense of urgency while working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to shift focus with changing priorities.
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
• Ability to meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
• Must possess a positive attitude, be dependable, and self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be necessary at times.
• Occasional out of town travel could be required.
• Work schedule that could include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.