Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The BI Developer II is responsible for providing technical leadership and design supporting the delivery of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. In addition, this position is responsible for applying knowledge of emerging technologies and solutions for Business Intelligence to create systems, applications, and end-user solutions to deliver BI results.
• Minimum of 4+ years’ experience as a Microsoft SQL developer required.
• Experience designing, implementing and managing the development of technical solutions required.
• Strong knowledge of relational database systems and data warehousing techniques required.
• Experience designing and building analytical cubes required.
• Experience designing and implementing advanced ETL solutions using SSIS required.
• General knowledge of BI tools and solutions.
• Microsoft Database Administration experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the technical design of BI systems including ETL, data warehousing, reporting and analysis services.
• Works with business analysts and others to translate BI requirements into technical tasks.
• Assist Business Analysts and others in the analysis, profiling and understanding of source data.
• Creates and maintains documentation of all technical development and systems.
• Designs and implements relational and multidimensional data models.
• Works with the Infrastructure team to ensure that BI systems meet business requirements for availability, integrity, and security.
• Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, tools, and applications applicable to Business Intelligence.
• Maintain coding standards, best practices, and policies in relation to database development, release management, access security, IT audit and source code control systems.
• Advise/assist other BI developers and Report Writers with performance tuning and query optimization.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; must be able to assess what is needed in a project and then be able to relay that into specifications.
• Must be self-motivated and work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Strong analytical skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out of town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.