Website Republic Bank
“Republic Bank believes in the development and advancement of our associates. We offer the opportunity to learn all aspects of the company to prepare for future advancement. Come join our team for a career, not just a job! “
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Business Banking Officer II is responsible for originating business from in and around the banking center, as well as throughout the community within the Bank’s established parameters & procedures while providing a superior level of customer relations and service; and ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures. This position is responsible for attaining established individual, department, and Bank goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
• Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in a financial services company required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ sales/new business development experience required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business prospects; participates in community affairs, business and service organizations, including public speaking; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services; investigates and follows-up on significant changes in status of existing customers; meets with customers to discuss needs and outline appropriate Bank services and to resolve problems as necessary.
• Solicit sales from new and existing clients through individual business development efforts and from referral sources (Realtors, broker, CPA’s, etc.)
• Establish and maintain consistent referral sources and retain this referral base through regular calling/entertainment initiatives to strengthen personal relationships.
• Reinforces the application of superior customer service along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees; conducts specific periodic meetings and presentations on this topic with department officers and staff members.
• Establish regular outside sales calling program to attract new business opportunities.
• Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and enhance new business development opportunities.
• Assists in the assurance of audit compliance and procedure quality control for the department and recommends and initiates corrective actions to the Regional Manager.
• Learn the credit culture of Republic Bank in order to present appropriate credits for approval.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with clients to meet financial investment objectives and/or resolve problems or complaints
• Must be self-motivated and work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be well organized and able to multitask.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evening and weekend work.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.