Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for uncovering loan and deposit opportunities through his/her day to day activities inside and outside the Banking Center. The position promotes growth of the Republic core customer base, develops the Banking Center Staff, and leads by example daily with current and future client focused engagement. Duties include selling retail deposit and loan products to both the consumer and business clients in and around the Banking Center, and cross selling for additional lines of business. The breakdown of time spent sourcing new loan and deposit opportunities should typically be 20% of time spent on business development in the surrounding neighborhood business communities. 80% of the time in this role should be spent on consumer retail loan and deposit products uncovered within the banking center. This position includes encouraging a strong sales environment and an efficient, smooth and professional customer servicing area. This position is also responsible for the Banking Center reaching its goals for growth in deposits, loans, fee income and net checking accounts.
• Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of financial industry experience required.
• Previous supervisor experience required or prior successful completion of Republic Bank Supervisor/Leadership training.
• Demonstrated ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services required
• Basic computer skills required.
• NMLS registration required *
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overall staffing, maintenance, and daily operations of Banking Center.
• Sell, open and maintain retail deposit and loan products to consumer clients as a primary focus, soliciting the existing client base and walk in clients, and by establishing referral networks.
• Develop and improve your ability to sell, open and maintain business clients by conducting outside calls to businesses, by establishing relationships and referral networks outside of the banking center.
• Lead the sales function at the Banking Center, setting the tone for a strong sales environment and managing and developing the sales skills and techniques of the staff.
• Directly manage the Personal Banker to handle establishing new relationships and effectively evaluate for additional deposit and loan opportunities, including developing skills for working call lists.
• Work and manage the cross-sale reports to ensure that all new checking accounts are becoming fully active.
• Manage the existing client base of deposits and loans to create growth, help retention, and keep clients from closing accounts and paying off loans.
• Manage, control and authorize waived fees; work with SSM on fee waivers.
• Manage loan maturities and delinquencies.
• Handle and resolve customer escalated issues.
• Work to develop ties in community around the Banking Center, including neighborhood associations and business networking groups.
• Identify opportunities for Treasury Management, Commercial Lending, Mortgage Lending, and Wealth Management referrals. Work directly with representatives from these areas to refer clients and follow up to ensure that the transaction was properly completed, and the client was satisfied.
• Set priorities, direct and delegate operational responsibilities to the SSM, and ensure follow through, completion/implementation of the designated operational/risk activities.
• Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly sales meetings to ensure each CSR is reaching their sales potential.
• Working with SSM, prepare schedule for CSR and SSR, always ensuring key and combination associates are available.
• Ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations. Perform self-audits.
• Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area of responsibility, incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform ongoing monitoring and periodic self-assessments including reporting and corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and the overall development of associates; coaching and mentoring while providing challenging opportunities to enhance career growth; planning, assigning and directing work; setting expectations and appraising performance; recognizing and rewarding associates or recommending disciplinary action as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and helping to build a positive team culture.
• Travel between Republic Bank facilities and client locations required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.